The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Sorry to burn your strawman. Again .....
I vote independent. I'd never dream of voting for anyone who represents any of the major parties. Are you seeing the flaws in your conviction yet?
Sorry to yank your chain, again...
I like 29ers. I'd never dream of riding a bike with either of the mainstream wheel sizes.
Are you seeing the flaws in your 26 inch wheels yet?

Oh... Whoops, you meant I shouldn't preach about other people's choices at the voting booth because it feeds division? Gotcha, fair point.
...Or my convictions about the PM's character are flawed? I'm sticking with those convictions - don't like the guy. Never have.

(Seriously, it's OK if you voted for him. Safe space here, no judging)

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Sorry to yank your chain, again...
I like 29ers. I'd never dream of riding a bike with either of the mainstream wheel sizes.
Are you seeing the flaws in your 26 inch wheels yet?

Oh... Whoops, you meant I shouldn't preach about other people's choices at the voting booth because it feeds division? Gotcha, fair point.
...Or my convictions about the PM's character are flawed? I'm sticking with those convictions - don't like the guy. Never have.

(Seriously, it's OK if you voted for him. Safe space here, no judging)
You're still playing with straw. Your convictions about the PM's character are fine by me. The rest of it needs water.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
This level of disrespect for the Prime Minister is disgraceful. In some countries, threatening to burn the home of the PM would get you executed. It is ok to be angry but this is not helpful or reasonable.
Yeah I dunno... People are pretty upset for good reason and I’m not sure he was doing much to earn their respect. Just walking off and ignoring her seemed pretty poor.

And noting that this would get you executed in other countries is not helpful... Fear of repercussions is not a good way to ensure respect and we can all be glad we don’t live in a country like that!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Good luck with that. The last thing Australia needs is for people to start carrying on like Americans. Chaos, and hatred for your fellow citizens, creates the perfect environment for conservatism to flourish. Look at the election results globally in the last 2 years.
Keep up those nice thoughts.
Fuck that.

The Extinction Rebellion is likely to be our only hope left for bringing CC into focus after these fires are out & put out of our minds by our own apathy & media spin.

Watch out.

These are make or break times.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Good luck with that. The last thing Australia needs is for people to start carrying on like Americans. Chaos, and hatred for your fellow citizens, creates the perfect environment for conservatism to flourish. Look at the election results globally in the last 2 years.
Keep up those nice thoughts.
Incorrect.

Stupidity, greed and apathy are what have created the current global political scene.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
This level of disrespect for the Prime Minister is disgraceful.
It would be, if we had a PM worthy of any kind of respect whatsoever. How do you respect somebody who forcibly grabs a woman's hand after she's made it clear she doesn't want to shake hands with him? And who then literally turns his back on her when she asks for help? How do you respect somebody who fucks off to Hawaii for two weeks when half the country's on fire, and who has to be dragged back kicking and screaming for a series of half-arsed photo ops?

In some countries, threatening to burn the home of the PM would get you executed.
Name them.

It is ok to be angry but this is not helpful or reasonable.
The people here have been driven far beyond the point of reasonable from the sheer contempt they've been shown by the man you feel the need to defend so vigorously.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Incorrect.

Stupidity, greed and apathy are what have created the current global political scene.
I will add that in relation to stupidity, the fact that governments are allowed to tell blatant lies to win elections and never be held accountable is a serious flaw of democracy. Not all people who voted Liberal are stupid per se, many just believe the first thing they read or hear.

We tout how wonderful democracy is, but deceit completely undermines it.... yet, we continue to allow it and brush it off saying "all politicians lie".
Well, we need to start punishing them severely.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
You can have and should have respect for an office regardless of who the incumbent is. Judges, Magistrates, Police, Ambos etc etc and even politicians. Sadly the world seems to have picked a good number of people who are far from being statesmen (any women?) as leaders. Also plenty of police who have crossed the line between their job and their proclivities. That is the process and that is what we have to deal with. Doesn't mean you can dismiss the office they hold. And yes I have had a fair bit to say about various pollies that isn't respectful and I shouldn't have.

FigBo0T

Incorrect.

Not sure which part of my comment you're calling incorrect. This is because you're agreeing with me. Greed and corruption aren't exclusive to conservatives. Not by a long shot. This is a big part of the problem.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
This level of disrespect for the Prime Minister is disgraceful. In some countries, threatening to burn the home of the PM would get you executed. It is ok to be angry but this is not helpful or reasonable.
Respect is earned, not acquired along with a position. Especially when that position was gained based on lies.
Scomo has done nothing to earn my respect.

Last edited:

FigBo0T

You can have and should have respect for an office regardless of who the incumbent is. Judges, Magistrates, Police, Ambos etc etc and even politicians.
But that would mean respecting your fellow citizens and their democratic freedom. That's too hard for some.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Not sure which part of my comment you're calling incorrect. This is because you're agreeing with me. Greed and corruption aren't exclusive to conservatives. Not by a long shot. This is a big part of the problem.
I was referring to your notion that the current political state worldwide is due to people's hate for one another.

FigBo0T

I respect everyone's democratic freedom, but if their decisions are based on greed, selfishness or ignorance, I can't respect that.
That one wasn't aimed at you. Greed, selfishness and ignorance in voting, are all democratic freedoms. You don't get to pick and choose.

nathanm

Eats Squid

So Scotty from Marketing, pretty much assaults this lady, then turns his back on her mid-question and goes "fuck this shit I'm out".

If a)Liberal party keeps him as leader b)Labor can't win the next election solely on this then we live in a world where Donald Trump is the president of ................................................... ah fuck.

Edit: ScoMo's performance here reminds me of the footage of when George W was reading the book to school kids and his minders told him planes had hit the world trade centre. His response "Ok in a minute, just need to find out how this book ends first".