The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

safreek

And here is me thinking betoota is meant to be satire. I think they are getting too real for me. Certainly nailed Albosleasy correctly

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I know Dutton does what Dutton does and logic forms no part in the equation but FFS
saying we need to go nuclear to avoid reliance on solar and wind equipment from China is just nonsense. It would be cheaper to build plants that make solar panels or wind turbines than it would to build a nuclear plant.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Honestly they should just harness Peter Dutton's enthusiasm for making himself and his party fucking irrelevant to run the grid. That shit is infinitely renewable apparently.
Preaching and pandering exclusively to a disappearing wedge of conservative crusties is the Coalition way now. After all if it's working for the Republican Party in the US and the Conservatives in the UK... oh wait...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Honestly they should just harness Peter Dutton's enthusiasm for making himself and his party fucking irrelevant to run the grid. That shit is infinitely renewable apparently.
And whinging that Robodebt enquiry result being released now is to hurt them in the by election is yet another one. Looks like there will be criminal charges...

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
hoping that sealed but about who they recommend chargers against gets leaked.
which I understand, but if it allows the soulless shitstains in question to wriggle off the hook, then it would be a bad idea, as their taxpayer funded KC/SC lawyers would bleat about cunts like ScrotuMo 'not getting a fair trial' or some horseshit like that.

Jabubu

let you google that for me

safreek

I know Dutton does what Dutton does and logic forms no part in the equation but FFS
saying we need to go nuclear to avoid reliance on solar and wind equipment from China is just nonsense. It would be cheaper to build plants that make solar panels or wind turbines than it would to build a nuclear plant.
Got to say, I like the idea even if not viable. Good shit stirring material.
But if liberal think it's so great why didn't they start it ten years ago

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I worked in the industry for a company who built all varieties of powerplant. I cross worked on some nuclear engineering while on another project during a Japan visit. That week or so opened my eyes on a subject I thought I had some knowledge of. All I can say is they have no fucking idea and it is merely derisive rhetoric to obfuscate and to get soft brained morons to be anti renewables.

safreek

Linda reynolds - the soulless shitstain's soulless shitstain.

I'm not on either side but nothing was ever proven. In our society there should be a presumption of innocence until proven guilty, and by that I mean the courts not the media.

Pauline went to jail for a crime she never committed and didn't get one brass razoo.
Not supporting Pauline but it seems different standards apply depending on your political views

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I'm not on either side but nothing was ever proven. In our society there should be a presumption of innocence until proven guilty, and by that I mean the courts not the media.

Pauline went to jail for a crime she never committed and didn't get one brass razoo.
Not supporting Pauline but it seems different standards apply depending on your political views
indeed. It must be noted though, that the alleged rape took place in Reynolds' office in parliament house, and the couch and whole office was thoroughly cleaned and sanitized the next morning, when, if an offence took place, it should have been investigated by the cops. As you say, different standards apply, depending on political views.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The whole thing reeks of a cover up. Reynolds and her cronies have gone to great lengths to conceal and cover up something followed by deliberately disrupting the legal process. Now they continue to persecute someone who may be a victim of a serious crime, rather than open up and support a thorough investigation seeking the truth. If it smells like shit...it's probably shit.

safreek

The way this is phrased suggests that the court was unable to prove the allegations.

The trial was thrown out due to juror misconduct, and Higgins was unable to face a second trial, which isn't quite the same thing.
The prosecutor stated he could of got a conviction in a second trial. If he seriously believes that, he should be sacked for allowing a rapist to go free.

I think there is probably more behind the scenes than we know.
I have no reason to disbelieve lurmann any more than Higgins, both have no criminal history to rule them liars or truth talkers.

In the end it's one word over another's word, no physical evidence.

safreek

The prosecutor stated he could of got a conviction in a second trial. If he seriously believes that, he should be sacked for allowing a rapist to go free.

I think there is probably more behind the scenes than we know.
I have no reason to disbelieve lurmann any more than Higgins, both have no criminal history to rule them liars or truth talkers.

In the end it's one word over another's word, no physical evidence.
But I will say no more, I'm no lawyer or party to the real facts. All I know is media bullshit

safreek

Doesn’t sound like you’ve even digested that. Try harder.
I'll tell you a little story about why I don't always believe what's said by the fairer sex.

I had 2 friends, let's call them Russell and Gerry. Well that was their name so it's fair enough to call them that.
Gerry's girlfriend tells him a fella raped her, Gerry and Russell track down old matey and lure him back to a motel to sort him out.

The 2 said fellas extract justice in a very gruesome way as payback. Both go to gaol for the killing and girl goes free.

In the trial it comes out that she lied about being raped.

Moral of the story, not all women tell the truth, some women will lie to get their own way.
I'm not saying Higgins lied but by not having a second trial it never comes to a conclusion and both people are doubted, not fair for either.