The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Still havent decided between the Libs and Greens. I don't trust Rudd any further than I can throw him; so hes out of my voting options. Heck, I'll probably vote for the Libs purely because I'd love to see the media's reaction to the return of the eyebrows.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
. I don't trust Rudd any further than I can throw him; .
So you'd rather trust a guy that lied about the GST "Never ever"
Lied about children over board "they threw them in, honest"
Lied about Weapons of mass destruction "there in there somewhere"
Lied about previous election promises "they weren't core promises so I don't have to keep them"

The list goes on:eek:

projectsplat

The film guy
So you'd rather trust a guy that lied about the GST "Never ever"
Lied about children over board "they threw them in, honest"
Lied about Weapons of mass destruction "there in there somewhere"
Lied about previous election promises "they weren't core promises so I don't have to keep them"

The list goes on:eek:
hehehe. it is funny - howard accuses rudd of "me-too" politics. so exactly what do you call howards politics when it comes to the US? actually, it is probably less "me-too" and more "whatever you say George".....

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Liberal shame over fake pamphlet
This just cracked the national news here in Canadia. Quick grab on the dodgy pamphlet scandal and a bite of Johnny denying all knowledge as per usual as the underlings were using their initiative again. poor fella. Anyway, it was then followed by an in depth interview with every one's favourite racist and lost cause Pauline Hanson. Numerous sound bites of her dribbling on about "if THEY don't want to follow OUR laws they should go back to where THEY came from" whilst addressing a packed (12 to 13 wrinklies) RSL or Bowling Club in Racist Central (North Queensland). Fuck, I know that she is a lost cause at home but this is still how the rest of the planet sees us. She dribbled on a bit more and there was a token interview with a Democrat with Egyptian background but I couldn't hear it due to the sound of my head hitting my living room wall repeatedly.

Enduring damage to reputation anyone?

Oh and Ollie, I think (and forgive me if I am wrong) that you are of an age where you will be seeking gainful employment at some point soon. If you would actually like to earn a living wage don't vote Liberal.

Last edited:

scooter

Likes Bikes
Still havent decided between the Libs and Greens. I don't trust Rudd any further than I can throw him; so hes out of my voting options. Heck, I'll probably vote for the Libs purely because I'd love to see the media's reaction to the return of the eyebrows.
If it comes down to trust then the Greens are the only party of the two you mentioned that is worth voting for.

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
I am really disappointed that the Greens don't get more support than they do, they really are switched on environment wise about what needs to be done to help us in the future. Peak Oil and Energy security is a prime example I sight.

Check out this comparison between The Coalition and Greens on the issue

All I see from the Coalition is economy, buck passing and waffle, where as check out the Greens excellent responses and ideas on how to reduce our dependence on oil...

nick

Likes Dirt
I am really disappointed that the Greens don't get more support than they do, they really are switched on environment wise about what needs to be done to help us in the future. Peak Oil and Energy security is a prime example I sight.

Check out this comparison between The Coalition and Greens on the issue

All I see from the Coalition is economy, buck passing and waffle, where as check out the Greens excellent responses and ideas on how to reduce our dependence on oil...
Mate, you are on the mony there people should really se that something needs to be done. Great blog btw i shall check it out a bit now. Im shattered im just over 2 months shy of being elegable to vote in this election and the Greens would be getting a big 1 tick in if i was in the booth, instead the best ive done is try and convince my parents to put labour 2nd instead of 1st but im not sure ive quite changed there mind :( Ohwell aslong as Howard doesnt get in i suppose. Now lets play the waiting game...

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
Mate, you are on the mony there people should really se that something needs to be done. Great blog btw i shall check it out a bit now. Im shattered im just over 2 months shy of being elegable to vote in this election and the Greens would be getting a big 1 tick in if i was in the booth, instead the best ive done is try and convince my parents to put labour 2nd instead of 1st but im not sure ive quite changed there mind :( Ohwell aslong as Howard doesnt get in i suppose. Now lets play the waiting game...
Cheers mate :) Please spread the word on the blog :)

Voting Labour is still a ok, as they seem to be quite willing to work with the Greens, who will hopefully restore the balance of power in the Senate.

In other news, did anyone see the ACA phone poll!? 75% for Howard...what bullshit...perhaps only rich Liberals who aren't being screwed over by him can afford to ring up and vote :p

scooter

Likes Bikes
VOTE 1 GREEN! FREE HEROIN AND ABORTIONS FOR ALL!

</SARCASM>
I heard that if you vote green Bob Brown will personally shoot you up with heroin while presiding over your gay marriage. If that's not service I don't know what is.

gravelclimber

Likes Dirt
Goddamn I can't stand the Greens - bunch of friggin' anti-science treehuggers whose policies in many cases will do more harm than good to the environment. Having said that I am considering voting for them in the Senate as they are on the money with climate change and the might strengthen Rudd's policies when he tries and passes them through the senate.

Anyway - for anyone who thinks the Libs are in with a chance I present to you the writings of Australia's best psephologist: Possum Comitatus

The day has finally arrived. After months of campaigning that felt like years, after the 100 odd pieces of polling analysed, the rumours, the research, the tips and the leaks - in 12 hours time Australia will have a new Prime Minister.

The question will be the size of the majority, and we’ll get a good idea of that soon enough. The marginals will count, but the big nasty surprise in store will be what Crosby Textor calls “LNP 5-10%” - Coalition seats held on a 5-10% margin.

These have been problematic for the Coalition all year as we’ve seen with the Oztrack polling, and while the average size of the swing to the ALP in these seats has reduced over the last few months, the swing is still large enough to cut out a significant parliamentary majority.

The marginal seats will deliver most of the numbers needed to form an ALP government, and there will be marginals that buck the swing - but these semi marginals are where the action is and where the size of the majority will be defined.

A rather copious quantity of horsefluff has been written over the last week about The Narrowing, yet far from the marginals tightening for the Coalition, the late swing apparently is to the ALP, particularly in NSW, and particularly in the seats that are on the fringe of the marginal classification. This is why the two leaders didn’t waste their time in the last week of the campaign in those marginal seats - their fate was effectively decided weeks and months ago.

It’s why Rudd was out fox hunting in seats with up to double digit margins, and why Howard was following. Rudd was campaigning not just for this election, but for the next.

The West is still good for the Coalition, in terms of only one or two seats being likely to fall - maybe even zero in net terms, yet this election wont be going down to the wire, we wont be staying up all night waiting for the Sandgropers to decide the nations fate. That will be decided early, and the West will just be a curiosity to the final outcome.

So go and do your part for our democracy - man the booths, assist the booth workers or simply just exercise your franchise. This day is our day, your day, the day where that little piece of paper and its accompanying little pencil make all of us equal.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Poor Kevin, he will be disappointed.....:eek: BTW, where is the Farkin Poll option 'Do not exist on the Electoral Roll'. Sorry for the cynacism, but this, for me, has been the Seinfeld Campaign. Lots of rhetoric, but 'core promises' are subject to post election review.

Last edited:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Poor Kevin, he will be disappointed.....:eek: BTW, where is the Farkin Poll option 'Do not exist on the Electoral Roll'. Sorry for the cynacism, but this, for me, has been the Seinfeld Campaign. Lots of rhetoric, but 'core promises' are subject to post election review.
I have very little time for people who don't vote and then complain about the quality of our elected representatives.

nizai

Likes Dirt
Its not often I agree with Dave Huges, but this made me chuckle more than once:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22812403-5007146,00.html

"I suppose she thinks Hitler and Pol Pot were pissheads who loved a wind-up."

LOL

N

*edit* Exit polls...

" Sky News exit poll has Labor leading 53-47. That’s in 31 selected marginal seats. Apparently it suggests 54-46 overall. Howard trails 53-47 in Bennelong. Labor 58-42 ahead in Eden-Monaro. Channel Seven exit poll says 53-47 nationally, 53.5-46.5 in Bennelong."

If this is true, the Libs are in dire trouble.

Last edited:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
its 12:30 at night, I've got the ABC coverage streaming a treat, alcohol (inc champers) and nibblies at the ready. Some of the drinks are outside 'cause its colder there than in the fridge. Looks like being a long night. Girlfriend has a printout of all the seats and is ticking them off as they fall.

I'm meant to play soccer tomorrow, could be ugly.