The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

golden path

Banned
Asked this back a bit, what's your your definition of the average working vote.
Low to average middle income earners who work, try to save money, try to get ahead and be financially independent - and who generally don't want or need excessive government intrusion in their lives, a nanny state, and ridiculous social engineering, and certainly not extra taxes.

The sort of shit that Left leaning Labor governments tend to get up to. Like the cock-wombles we have in Victoria.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Low to average middle income earners who work, try to save money, try to get ahead and be financially independent - and who generally don't want or need excessive government intrusion in their lives, a nanny state, and ridiculous social engineering, and certainly not extra taxes.

The sort of shit that Left leaning Labor governments tend to get up to. Like the cock-wombles we have in Victoria.
What has Malcolm and Co done to look after this group?

golden path

Banned
What has Malcolm and Co done to look after this group?
I'm no fan of the Libs either and cannot stand Turnbull, but IMO they are always far less hair brained, and indulge in less social engineering that Labor.

I'll never vote for either major party again unless there's a real big change in thinking, they are well and truly fucked.

John U

MTB Precision

Tell me about all the government intrusion your life, the nanny state, and the ridiculous social engineering, and the extra taxes you've had to deal with in Victoria.

I live in Victoria too. Got to say I haven't noticed it.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Tell me about all the government intrusion your life, the nanny state, and the ridiculous social engineering, and the extra taxes you've had to deal with in Victoria.

I live in Victoria too. Got to say I haven't noticed it.
so called conservatives be like:
91sn32Q.jpg

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
This http://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/wa-election-2017/results/ is an absolute smashing.

This will shock the Coalition (they expected a loss but not this magnitude) and precipitate some sort of action from them. I don't know which way they will veer, because I don't know how they perceive the failings in the west.

If they double down on corporate tax cuts I think they will suffer the same fate.
You think? No concern from fed labor when nsw labor lost in what can only be described as truly spectacular in scope and breadth a few years ago. Troy buswell - that is WA for me :D

Anyway, you lose by that much, you deserved to lose - something somewhere was wrong, and that's what democracy is for.

As for Victoria, without doubt, the lunacy which is their obsession about speeding and clandestine speed cameras is well enough to not want to live there

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The cameras are bipartisan. They may or may not have something to do with us almost having the safest roads in the world per km driven.

MARKL

Eats Squid
Cool story bro.
I think he was asking you for to tell the story of the 'government intrusion your life, the nanny state, and the ridiculous social engineering, and the extra taxes you've had to deal with in Victoria'? Which you haven't given any examples of...so we're still in the dark as to what they are. The Victorian preoccupation with speed cameras would be the most obvious one I can think of.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
The cameras are bipartisan. They may or may not have something to do with us almost having the safest roads in the world per km driven.
Almost?

Victorians keep telling themselves that their loss of basic liberty is ok, but you know, their rate is a wash with NSW, still behind the UK, where you can drive at 40kmh over the speed limit all day long in the right hand lane, and they don't hide cameras. Also still behind Norway. Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, Ireland (now there's an improved road toll), and that's only by country, imagine how it would go if we broke the countries down into provinces.

They do for sure have something to do with your newly found slow moving traffic times though.

Incidentally, lowereing road toll is across the board in the western world, and concentrated in the most advanced nations - its high grade roads, vehicle safety technology and medical response and treatment (those helicopters have probably saved more lives than just about any policy initiative)

nakedape

Likes Dirt

Ahh! The mythical low to middle income worker who can get by with out welfare! You know that all those hospitals and schools and shit are a (welcome) form of welfare, government intrusion and social engineering! And those laws we have to protect us from predatory behaviour - yep, nanny state!

What you advocate for is form of anarchy - but one whereby you somehow come out on top

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

Flow-Rider

Burner
Ahh! The mythical low to middle income worker who can get by with out welfare! You know that all those hospitals and schools and shit are a (welcome) form of welfare, government intrusion and social engineering! And those laws we have to protect us from predatory behaviour - yep, nanny state!

What you advocate for is form of anarchy - but one whereby you somehow come out on top

Sent from two tin cans joined by string
It's not until you go overseas and have experience with other healthcare facilities that you realise how good we really do have it here. Our regional areas may not be as expected but anywhere around the cities you couldn't ask for any better that's gratis.

golden path

Banned
My comment was a general observation of Labor in general - carbon tax, alcopops tax, proposed vacant house tax here in Victoria - and the feelgood social engineering they seem to love indulging in.

These sorts of comments are, I know, a red rag to leftist-hipster types, long term unemployed welfare spongers, and so forth.

As is any stab at the Left.

Further to increased taxes in Victoria, I guess you could view any form of government waste as an increase in taxation because that in itself means it's money that's gone and not available for other things.

And we paid over 1.5 billion dollars here to NOT have a road...

Add to that the regular car jackings, home invasions and other violent crimes, homeless folk sleeping in the CBD of Melbourne (surprisingly, it doesn't seem the do-gooder Greens voters that reside in the area have offered to take any in?) and it gives every impression the Labor government here could't be trusted to feed the chooks.

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Nanny state examples
It is illegal to park in front of your very own driveway.
It is illegal for a householder replace a single power point, or replace a light fitting
The speed limit around a college (16yr old and up) is mandated at 40kmh at times , even if there is no access to the road (fenced off) and pedestrian overpasses.
School zones operate on safety cameras even when school is on holiday or pupil free days.
Cyclists is Australia must always wear a helmet
Cyclists in Australia must have a bell on their bike, and must not do track stands at lights (riding furiously)
Plain packaging for cigarettes
No smoking in open public spaces, near bus tops, taxi ranks etc.
Entire worksites that ban smoking eg state hospital grounds
Risk assessments required for a neighbourhood street party.
Internet filter
Kids must not run in a playground
2 lollipop ladies at each school pedestrian crossing for 4 hours a day.
Instant execution of speeders in Victoria
Stealing people's cars for "loss of traction" - what the?
How about a mainbedroom window that cannot open more than 10cm
Or stairs that can't have a gap more than 10cm between treads
Swimming Pools must have a cover
Balustrades must have a handrail on the top
To use a ladder on a worksite you must have one man holding the ladder and it cant be above 2m or something

Regrettably, it's a countrywide problem, we have no libertarian movement in Australia because the average Australian only cares about a law change that impacts them personally, and of course all laws only impact a minority one at a time untill everyone is effected, even worse.

The catchcry - won't someone think of the children, is pretty much a summation of the situation in Australia

Last edited: