The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Who will you vote for?

• Liberals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Nationals

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Greens

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Independant

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • The Clive Palmer shit show

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Shooters and Fishers Party

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • One Nation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donkey/Invalid vote

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
This made me depressed
Well, Nerf, we can annihilate those thieving shitstains at the ballot box in a couple of weeks time. it won't fix those past crimes, but if they get their claws back on power, it's game over for the country. and (even more) open season for blatant corruption.
Your choice.
Remember: there is no such thing as a "safe seat". That's the oldest mind trick in the book.

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Was very surprised a mate told me today he voted for our local Liberal candidate even though my mate aligns politically closely to greens and labor. He feels he was not voting for the party, only the candidate. Weird
I know a bloke who did that the opposite way for the same reason and agree, weird as. Is it even greedier voting against your own principles because of what they are doing in your local? Seems very NIMBY/IMBY.

Anyone see Billy boy last night on Q&A? If you had doubts about him but definitely not voting Coalition or Green it might convince you he's really worth voting for. I'm a staunch Greenie but I am convinced he's the guy for PM so far ahead of Scomo and the Libs and it would be a shitfight if Libs got minority with Palmer et al. It's looking like that's all they can hope for and the anti green stuff is flowing with heaps of fake news and right aligned media reporting they will lose many seats. Rotorburn doesn't think so it seems.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
For those that want to delve into the policies of each party to better inform your voting decision, links as follows in no particular order:
Labor
Liberal
Nationals
Greens
One Nation
UAP (sort of)
CNP (sort of)

The last two aren't really links to policies, just broad policy statements; there's not much meat in the sandwich with those two parties. There's quite a few policy ideas from the majors that aren't getting much press too.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
I just had a look at candidates in my electorate. Apparently there is one standing for the senate who is affiliated with some party called 'Love Australia or Leave'. So let me see, them and the Fraser Anning candidate for the House of Reps perhaps? Yeeeeahnah.

I tell you what is desperately missing from this election campaign though is the Sex Party election adds. They were clearly the best ones ever.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I just had a look at candidates in my electorate. Apparently there is one standing for the senate who is affiliated with some party called 'Love Australia or Leave'. So let me see, them and the Fraser Anning candidate for the House of Reps perhaps? Yeeeeahnah.

I tell you what is desperately missing from this election campaign though is the Sex Party election adds. They were clearly the best ones ever.

The sex party are now called The Reason Party.

Shattered to discover that they're not standing in my electorate.