The Excuses Thread.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The response from a fellow rider was "I think my gear cable is stretching and I don't know which way to turn the barrel"

I just interpreted it as an excuse for performance, and I stand by that interpretation.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Back in my younger days as a manager, mainly ICT engineers and software developers, it was not the actual words spoken in the excuse, that was the best… it was the academy award winning ‘sounding really sick’ performances that were fantastic. Laughable.

Plus, just like pathetic Hollywood movies, they’d usually give you a snippet of info that gave the game away, the day before they pulled the sicky.

Thanks Dog I’m staff free these daze.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I went for something like 15 years without a sicky and then in one year got belted with two flus, an inner ear fuckout, stiff neck, armageddon-strength hayfever, etc. etc.

safreek

Once worked for a govt dept that had unlimited sick leave, when I finally got pissed off with the job I took 10 months off out of 12, some of it was even legit.
Did it just to piss the real high ups as they hated my confrontional ways with them.
Came in one time and they called me in to sack me, let them go through the whole sacking then told them that I was only there to hand in a sick certificate. They were not allowed to sack you whilst on sick leave, really pissed them as I walked out of the office laughing like a clown.
I then knew my days were truly numbered

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Once worked for a govt dept that had unlimited sick leave, when I finally got pissed off with the job I took 10 months off out of 12, some of it was even legit.
Did it just to piss the real high ups as they hated my confrontional ways with them.
Came in one time and they called me in to sack me, let them go through the whole sacking then told them that I was only there to hand in a sick certificate. They were not allowed to sack you whilst on sick leave, really pissed them as I walked out of the office laughing like a clown.
I then knew my days were truly numbered
As a tax payer, let me be the first to say fuck you.

safreek

As a tax payer, let me be the first to say fuck you.
But I will explain when I have more time, lot more to the story, involved them bullying workers under my supervision, politics and a corrupt head of dept. They didn't like cjc on their arse.
Believe me it wasn't about the money but it was to stop them appointing another stand over prick to an already corrupt system

MARKL

Eats Squid
The blokes that say 'nah, don't ride that/hit that, its for the young blokes'....and your what 25?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
We had a male boilermaker come in with an official Dr's certificate for a week off. The latin name was quite long however he was suffering from vaginal warts.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
My main excuse is I’m unfit and old and broken. It’s more a statement of fact...

I still try to scare myself, but I also have a keen sense of how much it will hurt if I fuck it up by being a complete no skills gumby... Time, practice and a strict avoidance of excuses should solve a fair bit of that.