The Fixie Thread

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Back brakes are rubbish, most of the braking is done from front brake.. If you have to stop quick you chuck the anchor on and move you weight waaay back of the rear tyre... oposite of skidding on a fixie... You'll stop fine :D

Rear brake will help but seriously, it doesn't do tooo much...

What i cringe at is people who ride SS with only a rear brake - now thats silly... Unless they have a coaster brake (those things are wicked)
Can't pop monos without a back brake.

RCOH

Eats Squid
They work fine if you like crappy brakes and they are perfect for a beach cruiser/pub bike/ shopping bike etc. But to suggest they work as well as cantis is wrong.

Also Aiden J throws around the ':rolleyes:' symbol a bit too often. He is annoying and often wrong.

a.davis12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, it sounds like, once again, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
:D

cantis FTW! ive got my cantis to do skid with my crappy kenda komodos and leave a 2 inch wide patch of rubber behind me:D

Tomas

my mum says im cool
FYI: Shadow half link chains arent really of appropriate length for fixies. I chucked one on mine (43-15 ratio) and it was two short. So now ive got two red links.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
FYI: Shadow half link chains arent really of appropriate length for fixies. I chucked one on mine (43-15 ratio) and it was two short. So now ive got two red links.
Why would you put one of these on your bike when there are many better options for a chain.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Why would you ride fixed when you can ride a freewheel? Dont judge my purchasing decisions.

'Ross

Eats Squid
Sooo the AidenJ secret is out of the bag, I told him to keep it secret as it was making quite entertaining viewing in this thread for a while. Not the most subtle, still funny.

Why would you ride fixed when you can ride a freewheel?
I could attempt to make a funny post, but Ill be serious-ish. I've been freewheel SSing all year and frankly Im bored of it...almost all of my components have broken, and in buying new ones I've decided to get another fixed rear wheel and not worry about brakes. Makes commuting a touch more exciting, tired of hearing my brake squeak like a bitch, and generally missing mad skidzzzzzz

Last edited:

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mongoose Maurice Cromo and Hi Ten fixies. Anyone got any opinions on them? Links if required.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mongoose Maurice Cromo and Hi Ten fixies. Anyone got any opinions on them? Links if required.
Mate, get an old steel road frame. Set of wheels and you are away.
Steel is real. I loved my old steel road frame fixie.
Too bad I had to get a new style frame.