The Fixie Thread

Lorday

Eats Squid
shirtz, I got a hi-tensile frame. It's a ex-roadie: repco monaco. Freakin' old, still going strong as a beater. For your price point look for old bike and restore it. Heaps of fun, cheaper and you get to put the money where you want to put the money (i.e - cranks and wheels)

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Plenty of radi-COOL lookin' fixed gear machines here in Perth !!
Anyone got any idea what rims are about as deep as B43's but they look like they're sorta built to run a brake on? Not B43's, probably just a cheaper version?

Cedel

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Uploading pictures for FS thread now, I'll chuck them in here too.

EDIT: Here you go!

Last edited:

'Ross

Eats Squid
Anyone got any idea what rims are about as deep as B43's but they look like they're sorta built to run a brake on? Not B43's, probably just a cheaper version?
Plenty of deep dish road rims out there...B43s look crap anyway.

Big news...after not riding a fixie all year with no regrets I am bored. My brake on my current p.o.s cannot actually lock up and I miss InitialD mad skidz.
A new fixed rear wheel is on its way to me and expect to see a return of the almighty Raleigh beast and its partner in crime...the controversial, super rare one of a kind 700c fork:cool: I am currently in negotiations with my design team to come up with a mad paintjob to insult the eyeballs of the canberra public. Stay tuned, I may be back in business soon:cool:

'Ross

Eats Squid
wtf?

Ross im keen to see this "one of a kind" fixie...
It won't be one of a kind, it will be the same kind as its been for the last couple of years.

Its obviously too exciting for some though, RCOH felt compelled to post a pic of his dick such was the euphoria:rolleyes:

dh911

Likes Bikes
hey does anyone know on here if the guys from gearbris have RB/farkin accounts? or anyone else for that matter. i'm gonna be in bris for a few days in mid aug and keen for a fixie ride (i'm bringing my bike). let me know

kjparker

Likes Dirt
Wow, 24hours and no posts in this thread, that's goptta be a record!

On another note, anyone know somewhere I can get a frame bead blasted quickly / cheaply, in sydney? Just hoping to save myself some time when re-painting.