The Fixie Thread

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Been commuting on this for the past 6 months or so. Currently 46:15, but soon to be 47:17 with NJS approved drivetrain :cool: Colour matched Aerospoke for the front is currently being painted... weighs just under 9KG as seen below.

Thanks to Senan for the pic!

hubbie

Forever 1,337
clipless shimano pedals came in to salvos today so I got em for $20. stoked. just gotta get me some shoes now.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuji Classic Track isn't coming into stock until mid feb... and I've got the money now! FFFUUU---

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well built up my fixie. It's cost me a tad more than $200. The wheels are stock off a charge plug. I'm still working out gearing, probably going to get new cranks - something without a integrated bash guard (because that's not hip!) and around 42 or 44t, which will give me 66-68gi. If anyone wants to buy these ones shoot me a message, they're immaculate 1970ish Sugino cranks 40/52t with the integrated guard, a little birdy told me they're quite rare.

Eventually i'll replace the wheels with low flange durace hubs laced to araya rims which I have lying around.
Yes that post was copied off my bmu post.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Whoever the rude bastard that went past me and my mates on oxford street with the stupid fluffy messenger bag, you're a rude bastard..

stp0 rider

Likes Bikes
My Fixie

Decided to build up my old racing bike frame i had lying around

Specs
Wheels: Velocity Deep V
Frame: Jim bundy custom (colombus tubing)
Forks: Jim bundy custom (reynolds 531)
Cranks and Chainring: Shimano 600
Seat and Post: Turbo seat, Cinelli fluted post
Stem and Bar: Cinelli Stem Cinelli Giro Bars
Tyres: Maxxis detonators(soon to be white walls)

Pictures

Last edited: