The Fixie Thread

joeeee

Likes Dirt
Decided to build up my old racing bike frame i had lying around

Specs
Wheels: Velocity Deep V
Frame: Jim bundy custom (colombus tubing)
Forks: Jim bundy custom (reynolds 531)
Cranks and Chainring: Shimano 600
Seat and Post: Turbo seat, Cinelli fluted post
Stem and Bar: Cinelli Stem Cinelli Giro Bars
Tyres: Maxxis detonators(soon to be white walls)

Pictures

** Edit Having problems getting pictures to work could someone help please?
try photobucket, make sure you say your over 18 or it wont let you

hubbie

Forever 1,337
Picked up another fixie from a friend in Port Mac, probably just to sell down here, but lots of fun to ride.

Repco 700c frame (approx 56cm) painted dark greeny-blue, alloy stem bars post, sugino 170 cranks, odyssey flats, Vredestein tyres, Alex DP2000 rims, Campagnolo zeus high flange rear, record high flange front. nom nom.

i'll post a pic soon.

Jaumet

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Im looking at getting a cheap ss/fixie for some simple non-mtb training and was thinking of one these as they meet my price criteria....
http://www.chappelli.com/

Anyone able to give any feedback?

WCP
Hey man, had a look at the site, bikes look cool, my first thought was hella cheap for the full bike - Maybe the frame - but the whole thing?

So had a look at the specifications -

Specifications of Chappelli Cycles are:

* Steel frame with alloy components (handlebar, seat, rims, cranks)
* Weight of the 54cm bikes is 11.6kg and the 56cm bikes is 11.8kg
* The rear hub is a flip/flip hub. It comes as a single speed which allows coasting but can be switched to a fixed wheel by flipping the rear wheel
* The crank sets are polished alloy on all the bikes (inc. the black one which is different to the photo) and the cranks are 7"
* The bottom bracket is sealed
* The front cog is 46T and the rear one 16T
* Deep rims are painted alloy and the tyres are 700 with a French valve
* The chains are all standard (non coloured)

Please note that the black bike comes with a silver crank and normal chain which is different to the bike shown in the photos.
What are they putting on there? Not one brand is mentioned - Not even what sort of tyres, for freek sake.. RUBBISH!

I'd look elsewhere man

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey man, had a look at the site, bikes look cool, my first thought was hella cheap for the full bike - Maybe the frame - but the whole thing?

What are they putting on there? Not one brand is mentioned - Not even what sort of tyres, for freek sake.. RUBBISH!

I'd look elsewhere man
shit oath. the cell fixie thing would be better than those.

minor update on my fixie. got some whitewalls, and got rid of the shimano pedals and straps (now in the for sale section) and put on my drm v8's with new BO gear straps

DSCN0978.JPGDSCN0976.JPG

Last edited:

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt

I'd look elsewhere man

Thanks guys... saw the Mallet2 after posting... looks like a much better option.

joeeee

Likes Dirt
so frustrating, i ordered a chainring 3 weeks ago, the LBO owner said it would be around 50 and now he said its going to cost 80 and i dont think they have even got it yet

vandenberg

Likes Dirt
so frustrating, i ordered a chainring 3 weeks ago, the LBO owner said it would be around 50 and now he said its going to cost 80 and i dont think they have even got it yet
cancel the order. talk to levon, his username is squirel or something (anyone know exactly?), he'll sell you a cycle underground ring for cheaper than 80, and it'll be better than whatever your guy was gonna get.

as for that chapelli: looks like a steaming turd. hi-ten, bargain-basement components. go for the cell.

neko

Likes Dirt
Wheels?

Hi everyone

I've got an old repco beater that I'd like to build up into a SS/fixie but cheap wheels are proving hard to come by here in Tas.
Are there any shops in Melbourne that stock basic wheel sets?

Ta

Sam

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That would be a 'p'far' in the Fixie Thread :p

Anyway, [Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear Voice]:

Since the early days of the Fixie Thread, the only thing 'track' about my bike has been the wheelset...

Until now:

Last edited:

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
that would be a 'p'far' in the fixie thread :p

anyway, [jeremy clarkson top gear voice]:

Since the early days of the fixie thread, the only thing 'track' about my bike has been the wheelset...

Until now:

nice!!!!!
I expect it to be very twitchy with that steep front end?!