The Fixie Thread

castillo

Likes Dirt
Nice work getting it rolling, Carlin. Was great to see it out Wednesday! I want to make some joke about 'Hitchen' a ride, but I'm stuck and it's late. That really is a steep front end, it looks awesome.

floody

Wheel size expert
Hi everyone

I've got an old repco beater that I'd like to build up into a SS/fixie but cheap wheels are proving hard to come by here in Tas.
Are there any shops in Melbourne that stock basic wheel sets?

Ta

Sam

I've got a complete wheelset with fixed/free rear hub hanging above my workbench at work. Sovos hubs, Campagnolo Moskva 80 shallow v rims, random tyres. $100 if you want it, in Hobart though. PM me for any more info.

Also, damn you Carlin, now I need to pick a new colour, lol.

Last edited:

dh911

Likes Bikes
just wondering if anyone has had issues with chainring bolts coming loose? i'm running my fixie left-side drive but i don't see how that could be an issue. is there a better solution than just putting loc-tite on the bolts?

Last edited:

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
just wondering if anyone has had issues with chainring bolts coming loose? i'm running my fixie left-side drive but i don't see how that could be an issue. is there a better solution than just putting loc-tite on the bolts?
Don't run it left side drive. Thats probably why you're having problems.

niki125

Likes Dirt
Gear Brisbane 1st birthday

For those in Brisbane, Gear Shop is having it's first birthday party at Verve with some awesome Dj's and a race from the shop to kick it all off. PLUS... screening of the Revival at the shop on the Friday night.

More info @
http://gearbrisbane.com/blog/