The Fixie Thread

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep
No
2010 KHS Flite 100
That was my next guess :p

How does she go? I would have gone a steamroller, but I have an unnatural attraction to surly's so i'm slightly bias.

My god I want a surly! Any surly! Just a surly, they're such cool bikes!

Lorday

Eats Squid
I'm a HUGE SALSA fan. Surly cogs and stuff are very nice, big fan. Surly/Salsa are a brother/sister company I think, I swear I've read that somewhere.

KHS has the most amazing paint job I have seen. This pic is from an iphone. Haven't put her togther yet! Shes in a box

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm a HUGE SALSA fan. Surly cogs and stuff are very nice, big fan. Surly/Salsa are a brother/sister company I think, I swear I've read that somewhere.
Well why didn't you buy a salsa!? Looking forward to seeing the rest of the bike, it can't be that difficult to put some bars on.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Salsa didn't have a track bikes for sale.
Any news of any alleycats soon man? Keen.
Haven't heard of anything, i'm a keen been too. I should post my fixie up sometime, it's feeling really good atm, except for the shitty 3'' rise x 50mm penis stem on it atm. My stem got butchered to my girlfriends bike.

Edit, There is this on:

I'll be going along, see if I can pick up a bargain of some kind.
Very large picture, sorry :)

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Woo! Awesome.

Has anyone run gatorskins and kenda kwickrollers. Because i've been running kwickrollers for about 6 months now and i'm finally due for a new tire. It's lasted amazingly well and i'm not sure whether gatorskins would be better.. they must be amazing if theyre better than the kenda's. I'm pretty sure the gatorskins are more expensive too.

6 months of riding. Maybe 10-20 skids an hour maybe 8 hours riding a week. Is that good? Or am I so fixie uneducated and that's not actually any good.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Woo! Awesome.

Has anyone run gatorskins and kenda kwickrollers. Because i've been running kwickrollers for about 6 months now and i'm finally due for a new tire. It's lasted amazingly well and i'm not sure whether gatorskins would be better.. they must be amazing if theyre better than the kenda's. I'm pretty sure the gatorskins are more expensive too.

6 months of riding. Maybe 10-20 skids an hour maybe 8 hours riding a week. Is that good? Or am I so fixie uneducated and that's not actually any good.
Gatorskins are the fucking BOMB!
Been riding them brakeless for about a month now and has shown hardly any more wear than what it had with the brakes on!

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do a flip.
[video=youtube;Dhr9DaddcH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhr9DaddcH8&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Or buy a BMX..

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just wondering are Stars fixie wheels and cell fixie wheels the same or is on better than the other.
Avoid stars like the plague. I'm not sure about cell, they're probably better but that's an uneducated guess. They're not the same product though.

Your better off waiting of hunting a second hand wheel. I bought front and rear wheels off a charge plug for $130. They haven't failed me so far, and they look like deep v's!.. sort of.

If your to lazy to do that, i'm sure a bikeshop would do you a deal on a rear deep v.