The Fixie Thread

mitch58

Likes Dirt
I've got some fixie parts to move on if anyone's interested, just gotta get around to putting up a FS thread.

A couple of wheelsets, crank and BB, couple of seats, bars stems, and some levers, oh and a pair of forks. Pretty much half the parts off a couple of mongoose completes. :p
All new and unused, keep an eye out for the thread!
Ooh I'd be interested in quite a few things. Get that thread up:biggrin: .

HLC

Likes Dirt
I've got some fixie parts to move on if anyone's interested, just gotta get around to putting up a FS thread.

A couple of wheelsets, crank and BB, couple of seats, bars stems, and some levers, oh and a pair of forks. Pretty much half the parts off a couple of mongoose completes. :p
All new and unused, keep an eye out for the thread!
Shayne, don't forget the obligatory heads up mate! Building a new whip for Stacey so gonna need some gear probs - not exactly sure yet.. im hunting a set of sun rims for my pursuit bike and that will dictate wheelset that i use etc!

Danny B

Likes Dirt
Thread?

Also, on the lookout for a new frame, 55-58cm, horizontal dropouts if anyone's got something they want to offload. Alternatively, can anyone give me a weight on a Mercier Kilo TT? Looking at getting one shipped from the U.S but need a weight to decide whether it's viable.
My brother has a Mercier Kilo TT. Probably weighs about 10kg. Packed I'd say 12kg. But I would imagine that shipping prices are calculated volumetic weight, so as bikes are bulky that'll probably be more than actual weight.

HLC

Likes Dirt
Thread?

Also, on the lookout for a new frame, 55-58cm, horizontal dropouts if anyone's got something they want to offload. Alternatively, can anyone give me a weight on a Mercier Kilo TT? Looking at getting one shipped from the U.S but need a weight to decide whether it's viable.
a few guys on fixed.org.au rave about them! i've seen a complete in the flesh and they look awesome! I'm trying to find a supplier for the unbranded ones so myself and a mate can rebrand them and move them on.

Reynolds 853 steel if memory serves! Pretty good/light for a cheaper steel frame. but its no columbus max, or reynolds 531.. or aluminium..

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Yeah, just the frame. Got a quote for AU$375 delivered to my door from a shipping company because Bike Island doesn't do international, but that was calculated on the max weight for ground shipping of 30lbs.

RAC_DH

Likes Dirt
Pink fixie

anyone seen a place that sells (online/LBS) full on pink bike ...

Frame wheels everything.

Or links to where i can get the frame and parts.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Visited a wicked little shop @ west end yesterday to grab a new BB and ended up grabbing a shirt and some pedal straps. Super friendly place, RAC_DH they might be worth you checking out

http://www.gearbrisbane.com/

On the topic of pedal straps, had a quick ride on them when i got home this arvo and as much as i enjoy them, im definately having some teething problems. Any tips on getting your foot in without the strap side falling down due to the added weight? I found myself scrambling for my left pedal a few times (usually put right foot in first, then mount the bike and then left foot in) but it made for some awkward situations. Im also working on track stands so hopefully that'll help the situation.

All in all im loving the fixed.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Visited a wicked little shop @ west end yesterday to grab a new BB and ended up grabbing a shirt and some pedal straps. Super friendly place, RAC_DH they might be worth you checking out

On the topic of pedal straps, had a quick ride on them when i got home this arvo and as much as i enjoy them, im definately having some teething problems. Any tips on getting your foot in without the strap side falling down due to the added weight? I found myself scrambling for my left pedal a few times (usually put right foot in first, then mount the bike and then left foot in) but it made for some awkward situations. Im also working on track stands so hopefully that'll help the situation.

Yew, Scrambler v3 shall be mineeeeee.

fitbmx

Likes Bikes

umm its hard to explain but try to like scrape the front of the pedal backwards so it flips over then just wriggle your foot into the strap.

niki125

Likes Dirt
a few guys on fixed.org.au rave about them! i've seen a complete in the flesh and they look awesome! I'm trying to find a supplier for the unbranded ones so myself and a mate can rebrand them and move them on.

Reynolds 853 steel if memory serves! Pretty good/light for a cheaper steel frame. but its no columbus max, or reynolds 531.. or aluminium..
THey won't be made of 853, 853 is one of the best tubesets ever made, easily up there with Max. Pretty sure they are made of reynolds 520 or come generic no name crmo.

-SaM-

Likes Dirt
Hey guys im selling my frame.
its a eigth inch scrambler
Frame

Built up

It comes with head set and euro bottom bracket
Sorry if this is a bad place to post but i figured its the most apropriote.
Thanks guys

HLC

Likes Dirt
THey won't be made of 853, 853 is one of the best tubesets ever made, easily up there with Max. Pretty sure they are made of reynolds 520 or come generic no name crmo.
yeah 520 is probs right. i was getting mixed up with 531 and was like, nah i know its not 531 for sure... and i know it deffs wasnt 653....

all good.

bought myself a Hed disc rear today, a spinergy front (for lulz not game enough to ride it) another 80's turbo in white and some Dura Ace cranks

921812.yr10

Likes Dirt
hey guys, just found a set of wheels in my shed that i didnt relise i had. The brand is 'sachs'. just wondering if they are any good, it says they are made in belgium?

HLC

Likes Dirt
Goodbye face..
If it's good enough for cipo it's good enough for me!

Yeah not planning on riding it.. at all. I rode it up and down the street a few times and that was enough.

Came with the disc, seller wasnt gonna separate.

It's a shame, because the hub in it spins so well. Such an amazing rim, such a rubbish design. Rivets in carbon? Seriously?

Need that picture of grant hackett holding his spinergy after it exploded.