The Gran Turismo 5/ Racing simulator Thread.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nskz-----------------8:00.554
riderseventy7----8:09:258
Spinner -----------8:12.213
Steve-0 ----------8:31.061
3viltoast3r------ 8:32.869
toff ---------------8:48.XXX
Breaka ----------8.55.14
That's everyone that has posted times, if anyone has a time post it up and i'll amend this tomorrow morning but tonight is the cutoff! Pretty good results, times seem to be a decent spread.

Congrats to nskz! there's no way i could get that low. Your second win too! awesome. I'll wait to see if anyone else can beat it tonight but otherwise look forward to a GTR! I don't think anyone really enjoyed that, i know i didn't. I love the 'Ring but nailing one fast time was very hard.

Drift challenge winner was whiteman! i think. With a drift of 17k.

M3 Challenge ends on the 27th but since most people are on holidays this Friday onwards i'll post up a new Time Trial on Thursday night. PSN msg or post here any specific tracks/cars that you want to race. I'm pretty keen on Laguna seca or Nurburgring GP. Cars will have fully tunable suspension and sports soft tyres so cars under 100k would be nice.

I was thinking of using one of the highend arcade cars but i don't think we can tune them and i think tuning is a great for Time trials.

Can someone please donate a prize car? it makes racing more fun IMO, doesn't have to be anything special either.. I'd donate again but I'm broke and barely have enough time to play.

Last edited:

nskz

Likes Dirt
Since I won the last round I'll donate the car for the 'Ring challenge, someone crack 8 min so i'm not donating it to myself hehe.

I'm with you Steve the 'ring is an epic track but very frustrating to hotlap as inevitably you stuff up at 7:xx and have to do another whole lap haha, quite time consuming. A track like trail mountain you can have a good 30 min session and bash out 15 hotlaps.

Toff

Likes Dirt
I managed an 8'32.587 for the 'ring challenge, with one spinout off a wall which resulted in a red lap. Dunno if that can count, but I can tell you it didn't make the lap faster :mad:

Still yet to buy an M3 so I'll go do some racing to get the cash, post up a time shortly.

.:Easily:.

Likes Dirt
So i just finished the first enduro race and i'm thinking where to go from here? Is this all i have until level 40?

Also if anyone has the Formula GT i just need it for the comp i can trade with some collateral if the need be

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So i just finished the first enduro race and i'm thinking where to go from here? Is this all i have until level 40?

Also if anyone has the Formula GT i just need it for the comp i can trade with some collateral if the need be
You d/loaded update 1.05 ? Theres lots to do apart from grinding now. Pretty cool , thanks for the Xmas pressie PD.

The update introduces an online used car lot , I saw a purple and white F1 car in there just now for 4mill plus change.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
You d/loaded update 1.05 ? Theres lots to do apart from grinding now. Pretty cool , thanks for the Xmas pressie PD.

The update introduces an online used car lot , I saw a purple and white F1 car in there just now for 4mill plus change.
Just got home, was looking forward to driving a car around a track, not watch a hero green bar and an evil grey bar fight a battle, with the green one slowly overcoming its arch nemesis, who stole green's dog and killed it (Something Darkside anyone?).

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Just got home, was looking forward to driving a car around a track, not watch a hero green bar and an evil grey bar fight a battle, with the green one slowly overcoming its arch nemesis, who stole green's dog and killed it (Something Darkside anyone?).
At something like 600mb it's not quite as bad as BC2's latest update (1750MB!!!! and that's without the Vietnam add-on!)

I haven't downloaded it myself yet (need to wait for off-peak) but I've read up on the details online and it looks an absolute winner!

GT5 Patch 1.05: 608mb

Release Notes:

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

・Seasonal Events
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team.
In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!

・Online Collector's Dealership
An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars.
You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership]

・Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points.
Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].

・Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races
The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage].
Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].

・Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011)
This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

・Race Information Display
It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).

・Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].

・User BGM (Menu)
From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [User BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).

・Car Name Change
The official name of "Red Bull X1" has been changed to the "Red Bull X2010".

・Integration with the Website
The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the "gran-turismo.com" official website.

[Important Note:]
* We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.

* Some contents of the update will not be applied unless you sign in to the PlayStation®Network when you play the game

It seems that PD are being decent chaps and actually responding to the online feedback from their fans. Nice work Kaz and folks. It makes for a pretty decent unexpected Xmas pressie!

sam705

Likes Dirt
So, I'm capped as of yesterday. Forgot all about it until I put the disc in and saw the update would take 8800 minutes at most, with it being reduced down to around 4500 before I gave up. Hmmph!

Ivan

Eats Squid
Just bought a PS3 and GT5 as a chrissie present for myself.

Is everyone using a wheel, or are most people still using the PS3 controller?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So, I'm capped as of yesterday. Forgot all about it until I put the disc in and saw the update would take 8800 minutes at most, with it being reduced down to around 4500 before I gave up. Hmmph!
Ouch!

In the end, I couldn't resist and I'm currently downloading the 1.05patch. At least with Dodo, once you hit your limit they automatically redirect you to their homesite-thingy where you're given the option to either upgrade your plan immediately or purchase one-off d/l limit boosts.

scuba05

Likes Dirt
Has anyone got gold in the Seasonal Bonus Races, the Tsukuba cct with the Fiat 500? Man, shortest possible gear ratios, all possible upgrades (everything to do with gears and susp.), and im still about 4sec from 1st.

Tuning tips anyone? Apart from shortest possible gear ratios which iv already done.

EDIT: GAHHHH. 2nd one, with the CR-Z. Did an oil change to try and get the max HP, and of course it had to go 2HP over. So now comes the task of endlessly driving around a track to wear the oil down

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just bought a PS3 and GT5 as a chrissie present for myself.

Is everyone using a wheel, or are most people still using the PS3 controller?
Ultimately , a wheel is the best choice. Although I've been using a controller forever (GT1) and haven't yet made the move to a wheel.

Has anyone got gold in the Seasonal Bonus Races, the Tsukuba cct with the Fiat 500? Man, shortest possible gear ratios, all possible upgrades (everything to do with gears and susp.), and im still about 4sec from 1st.

Tuning tips anyone? Apart from shortest possible gear ratios which iv already done.

EDIT: GAHHHH. 2nd one, with the CR-Z. Did an oil change to try and get the max HP, and of course it had to go 2HP over. So now comes the task of endlessly driving around a track to wear the oil down
I got nowhere near 1st in the Fiat race , but didn't invest too heavily in tuning the car. Still , got 2nd place first try and settled for that. I wouldn'd spend too much time on the first race , get onto the later ones for big $$ !
Golded 3 , silvered 2.
$2.1 million and 215,000xp. Not a bad nights work !! If you're in dire need of coin and xp , get onto these races. They end on the 6th of Jan.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Ultimately , a wheel is the best choice. Although I've been using a controller forever (GT1) and haven't yet made the move to a wheel.

I got nowhere near 1st in the Fiat race , but didn't invest too heavily in tuning the car. Still , got 2nd place first try and settled for that. I wouldn'd spend too much time on the first race , get onto the later ones for big $$ !
Golded 3 , silvered 2.
$2.1 million and 215,000xp. Not a bad nights work !! If you're in dire need of coin and xp , get onto these races. They end on the 6th of Jan.
Where am I to find this race? I DL'ed the update last night, took me 28 minutes, cheers ADSL+2! Is it part of the update?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Golded 3 , silvered 2.
Those races are awesome! I've only managed as high as 5th in the GTR race as I hate the track and I have a pretty crude setup but still managed to bag $450,000!

What times have people been getting on the time trail challenge? So far I've got circa. 1min 20 sec, rated about 3,000 on the list...how the hell people are getting 1:17 is beyond me...3 seconds from my time is a huge gap! Is it all to do with the car setup?

sam705

Likes Dirt
Ouch!

In the end, I couldn't resist and I'm currently downloading the 1.05patch. At least with Dodo, once you hit your limit they automatically redirect you to their homesite-thingy where you're given the option to either upgrade your plan immediately or purchase one-off d/l limit boosts.
Yeah we're with Telstra, not sure if that's possible I let my brother handle all that. We've got some stupidly high amount of d/l's in which we very rarely go over. But thanks to the stupidity of said brother, here we are!
Counting down until the 2nd of Jan to be reset. Sucks that almost all my games require an update of some sort!

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Golded the first round of seasonal events finally !

I just tried the second lot of seasonals. Golded the first 3 , silvered the RX7 one (5 seconds behind:p) and cant even catch the next car in the Nascar / Nurburgring event !:confused: