The Gran Turismo 6 thread

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Funniest car I've built so far is a C63 AMG with engine mods only - 999Hp with everything else stock! Cruises along at 420km/h and can get up to 460km/h drafting haha! :p

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
You should try the Lamborghini Diablo GT '00 maxed out... over 1000 horsepower.

It gets AIR down the first straight on Bathurst.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Fully worked Huayra (no aero mods) will do ~480 without a tow or NOS. Had it up to 519 down the hill at route x on the NOS (no tow) and it was still pulling, plenty more in it.

I’ve completed all the super licence races (with a car comparable or less than the opposition – no big turbos on group c cars) and some of them were a bit easy for what should be the hardest part of the game. Anyone else think that same?

Hopefully a future update will add something more.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fully worked Huayra (no aero mods) will do ~480 without a tow or NOS. Had it up to 519 down the hill at route x on the NOS (no tow) and it was still pulling, plenty more in it.

I’ve completed all the super licence races (with a car comparable or less than the opposition – no big turbos on group c cars) and some of them were a bit easy for what should be the hardest part of the game. Anyone else think that same?

Hopefully a future update will add something more.
Overall I've found the game a little bit underwhelming! Maybe I was expecting a big jump from GT5 but it's overall very similar!

Dougy

Likes Dirt
I'm working my way through Int A at the moment and am enjoying it. Not having kids, and Japanese TV being boring as bat shit, gives me a bit of race time. I think GT6 is a bit of a filler in that there is a lot of porting from previous versions. It seems like they weren't ready to go to PS4 so they banged out another PS3 version to keep us happy and generate more development revenue. It doesn't seem like as big an upgrade that 5 was over 4, 4 over 3 etc. Still, it's only early days and 5 ended up so much better than when it was first released with all the upgrades.

That being said being an Aussie guy who grew up in the 70s/80s watching Brocky, Johnson, Grice, Moffett, and co on that one weekend in October meant my money was on the table just for Mt Panorama. It would have been nice to have some of the old Bathurst classic, XU1s, A9Xs, GTHOs, E49s etc though. Hopefully in future upgrades.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I have come to the conclusion that the Germans are the worst thing to happen to motorsport ever. Sebastian Vettel and Michael Schumacher's ruthless dominance of Formula One have somehow managed to be turn watching someone at the top of their game into a bit of a chore. Hermann Tilkes tracks are all tedious and repetitive with their strict straight lines and incredibly clinical corners and then there's the Nurburgring....

FUCK THE NURBURGRING!!!! Fuck it right up it's narrow slippy roads. If you ask me should have saved all the bombs we dropped on Dresden and used them to make that twisting green abomination resemble the fucking moon track. "Oooh, it's a track for serious drivers" I hear you cry. Fuck you! It's a track for masochists who are probably equally comfortable with those other great german inventions: fisting and schiesse-play!

Whilst we're at it. Fuck the Japanese too! Especially those at Polyphony Digital. All your (japanese) cars are boring. There are too many of them and the AI drivers you've created are a pack of vicious, cheating arseholes.

I'm tempted to switch this bastard off and go play a few WW2 shooters to get some revenge on both you fuckers!

:mad2:

Note: My current feelings (mostly rage at this point) may or may not have something to do with a very frustrating final round of the Dream car championship.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
The last race on the Dream Car screwed myself as well.

The AI rammed me off the track toward the end... on the plus side, still a gold for the series and I can ignore getting gold on that final race until I'm super bored!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The Bugatti Veyron also attracts my ire. That last Super licence challenge is a nightmare! How in the hell can that car receive so much praise. It's uglier than Joe Hockey in a funhouse hall of mirrors and handles like a shopping trolly on a bed of marbles.

Dougy

Likes Dirt
I know you pain all to well my friend :Banane35: My wife goes up stairs when I switch GT on because she knows it's HER fault (being that she's Japanese and so is the company that makes GT, the company that makes Playstations, the company that makes the TV. Where's Logitech from as I'm sure some of it's their fault as well be cause the cars never go where I want them to go.)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The irony is I had so much love for both nations before I started playing (indeed I not only drive a Merc* but own both a Mercedes F1 hat AND shirt). Now I'm all for building a time machine, travelling back to 1945 and volunteering to fly the Enola Gay on a couple of extra missions!

*vito

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
It won't let you, you have to use the 100cc cart for the second kart challenge. The junior karts were pretty easy to drive, as are the Red Bull 125 karts but the 100 carts are fricken impossible. It seems like it wouldn't be too bad with a wheel (and more importantly pedals) but it's ridiculous with a controller. You need a bit of power to make it corner but 2% too much power and it just spins.

As for grinding I've found the second Red Bull challenge the best. With the log in bonus at 200% it's about $160k every 6 or 7 minutes.

My tip for those just starting, get the KTM X-Bow R. I've used that car so much.
Found the 2nd race in the clubman cup to be almost impossible but I've finally cracked it!

What to do is monkey around with the settings on your kart. Even though it's single-speed you can still alter the gearing. Crank your ratio right down so you get a low top speed but max acceleration. You should be able to take the lead by the first corner. After that it's a case of such smoothly drive the rest of the race and hold the racing line so the AI can't overtake.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
The Bugatti Veyron also attracts my ire. That last Super licence challenge is a nightmare! How in the hell can that car receive so much praise. It's uglier than Joe Hockey in a funhouse hall of mirrors and handles like a shopping trolly on a bed of marbles.
Haha, I saw it and thought, "Oh Jesus, here we go..." - but after trying about 5-6 times I got it.
As long as you brake early coming into corners, you can really push the car through the rest of the track.

I got gold by a couple seconds, and I reckon at least 1/4 of those corners I was sideways skidding around them. :D

Big AC

Likes Dirt
The Veyron is very much a point and shoot car, its mid corner ability is crap. For the licence test it’s all about getting your braking right and trying to straighten the exit of as many corners as possible to let the 1000bhp do the work, also use all of the curbs in the chicanes. A perfect lap is not required.

I take it that the James May anti Nurburgring society didn’t enjoy the 24 minute race there? At night in the wet, how hard can it be? If you want to obliterate this one just get a LMP 1 car and turn the power down until you get to 650pp. Stop at the end of lap 2 and change from inters to slicks. Win it by 2 minutes with some drifting fun on the second lap. Just make sure you get a car with decent headlights (don’t use the R18, like having 2 candles for headlights).

Dare I insight a series of rants by asking how people found the shifter kart series..........

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The shifter karts were a doddle! The clubman series was the trickiest of the kart races.

Haven't done the 24 minutes of Nurburgring yet. Not too phased though as it's the shorter races and the subsequent need to charge flat out to catch the lead car before they finish that are the pain in the arse.

I will say this though. Who in the hell thought that 24 minutes is sufficient for an 'endurance' race? What a fucking joke. I can have longer qualifying sessions in F1 2013 if i want.

scblack

Leucocholic
The shifter karts were a doddle! The clubman series was the trickiest of the kart races.

Haven't done the 24 minutes of Nurburgring yet. Not too phased though as it's the shorter races and the subsequent need to charge flat out to catch the lead car before they finish that are the pain in the arse.

I will say this though. Who in the hell thought that 24 minutes is sufficient for an 'endurance' race? What a fucking joke. I can have longer qualifying sessions in F1 2013 if i want.
Is that only four laps of Nurburgring? That's a sprint race, not endurance.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I know theres been heaps said already about PD's lazy recycling of cars from earlier games with absolutely no attempt at updating the graphics on them but I've just seen something that completely cracked me up.

The Audi S4 Touring car has an advert for the Playstation 2 on the back of it.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Nurb 24 is only 3 laps!

Most of the S licence stuff is pretty easy in anything vaguely comparable to what the AI is driving.

I don’t remember any of the early stuff being too hard to catch the leader, although I guess it depends on what you’re driving.

scblack

Leucocholic
Just searched for PS3 500gb pricing.

Best I can find is $368 at Harvey Norman including GT6 and Last of Us games.

Wonder whether I can convince the wife I am buying for my girls? Whats a girls game like "Barbie"?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just searched for PS3 500gb pricing.

Best I can find is $368 at Harvey Norman including GT6 and Last of Us games.

Wonder whether I can convince the wife I am buying for my girls? Whats a girls game like "Barbie"?
GT6 - paint the cars pink...problem solved! :p