The hams plan to ride in japan.

clockworked

Like an orange
Train to Yudanaka and then ride up through Shiga Kogen and Jōshin'estu national park and across into Gunman over Yokoteyama. You may wish to make a stop over in the Shiga Kogen Plateau for a touch of luxury and an onsen. It is very high altitude (you'll ride past the highest chair lift on Japan, along the highest road in Japan, which is closed for winter and a few more months on top) and received the first snow a few weeks ago.

View attachment 403666
What's that about the killer plain?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
As far as I’m concerned I think Tubbsy with his Santa gets got comp should just fill his hat with 20 bits of paper with Spanky Ham written on it and call him the winner. Twice. Actually maybe split them equally with Yuley. Best threads going.
I agree. And the Spanky will have to split the winnings with me for being his enabler.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What's that about the killer plain?

Screenshot_2023-10-25-13-54-47-37_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4~2.jpg

I only know what Google maps wants to tell me about the killer plain. But the area saw a big volcanic eruption a few years ago that caused death and a lot of chaos at a near by ski field. The ski field hasn't fully reopened since which may or may not be a result of the volcano. The volcano is listed as still active and closed to the public.

If you were wanting to gauge it for a road ride, it's "route 292" joining Nagano and Gunman. If I was planning it is ride from Yudanaka train station in Yamanochi up through Shiga Kogen and down through Kusatsu and Naganohara and picking a train station around there. There may or may not be some restrictions on where you can ride on the route, other than knowing it's the highest road in Japan and gets cut off every winter I don't know anything about the traffic conditions. It is a beautiful area though and excellent skiing.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Ok, so who's going to tell them?

Wot, it has to be you, I'm a... voice in your head. You've got all the thumbs and stuff....

Go way, baitin....

No one will get that reference....

Well, instead of shopping.... Look at the title of this thread, is it's spankys Japanese shopping experience...no, no it's not.... So, Fook it.... Let's ride ( Let's face it, we'd buy stuff for pplz we don't really like... And they probably can get on Amazon from Jeff's glands)

We took off up the Tamagawa, it's flat but fairly busy.... We used to ride from home to work and back ( work would cover your train fare both ways, and when you're poor as fwark... The extra yen used to help... And we'd just cycle our way there.. bonus 1000 yen...) so,.we've done this a few times before... Including one day where there was a typhoon and a crazy 45km/h tail wind....

We saw a little critter shaking it's anal antenna ( we're sticking with that description) and it made us giggle like a Japanese school girl...

Sorry, we are new at content creation shit.... The music is absolutely fookin horrible.

We saw a comfortable toilet, which was one of 4 toilets.... The other three probably had barbed wire toilet seats? We didn't do a close investigation...

I mean, would you just wait for the comfortable one.... God damn, should.of looked.

After hitting up our old school and scaring the poop out of our old sensei..

It was time to head back

We saw a bird ( yeah, all you bird nerds can tell us what it is) that had trapped a 'little' carp fishy... Usually these birds are well skittish but this one was willing to let us { there was another old.man on a bicycle watching} near it as it looked like a great meal.... It took quite and effort to pick up and arrange so it could become dinner.... But, ding ding ding, the bird was the winner in this round.

So, that's about it... Sorry for lying... It wasn't planned... We are now about 800m from where we will be boarding our plane to head back to reality.

Ahhhh, reality is close enough we can smell it....and it's not good

The Ham, his handler

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ok, so who's going to tell them?

Wot, it has to be you, I'm a... voice in your head. You've got all the thumbs and stuff....

Go way, baitin....

No one will get that reference....

Well, instead of shopping.... Look at the title of this thread, is it's spankys Japanese shopping experience...no, no it's not.... So, Fook it.... Let's ride ( Let's face it, we'd buy stuff for pplz we don't really like... And they probably can get on Amazon from Jeff's glands)

We took off up the Tamagawa, it's flat but fairly busy.... We used to ride from home to work and back ( work would cover your train fare both ways, and when you're poor as fwark... The extra yen used to help... And we'd just cycle our way there.. bonus 1000 yen...) so,.we've done this a few times before... Including one day where there was a typhoon and a crazy 45km/h tail wind....

We saw a little critter shaking it's anal antenna ( we're sticking with that description) and it made us giggle like a Japanese school girl...

Sorry, we are new at content creation shit.... The music is absolutely fookin horrible.

We saw a comfortable toilet, which was one of 4 toilets.... The other three probably had barbed wire toilet seats? We didn't do a close investigation...

I mean, would you just wait for the comfortable one.... God damn, should.of looked.

After hitting up our old school and scaring the poop out of our old sensei..

It was time to head back

We saw a bird ( yeah, all you bird nerds can tell us what it is) that had trapped a 'little' carp fishy... Usually these birds are well skittish but this one was willing to let us { there was another old.man on a bicycle watching} near it as it looked like a great meal.... It took quite and effort to pick up and arrange so it could become dinner.... But, ding ding ding, the bird was the winner in this round.

So, that's about it... Sorry for lying... It wasn't planned... We are now about 800m from where we will be boarding our plane to head back to reality.

Ahhhh, reality is close enough we can smell it....and it's not good

The Ham, his handler

Comfortable toilets and baitin' sounds like a the thoughts of a teenager.

Sad this trip is coming to an end, but thanks for documenting it throughout. I've loved how you really appreciate the little things along the journey.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
You can keep your comfortable toilet. I would have perched myself on the mizube fun base, and waited for the show to start.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
@David2406 thank you so very much for your post. We don't do social media ( well, you fat fook.. what's rotorburn then ) and the internet is a freakn toxic shit hole, so if we make one person laugh....

That's payment in full...

This has been a wonderful experience that... Look a few posts up... Blah blah blah.

NIKE management.... Just do it.

Enjoy life, you've got one of them... There's no reset, there's no insert another 200 yen for another go...

Just fookin do it

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Welllllllllllll.....

{Anyone can try anything twice, try anything twice
Chasing after stories that have already been told
Could not look old Son House in the eyes
I know where you carry such a fragile load} - Gomez- Rythym and blues alibi.

Today we officially ended this completely insane stupid awesome fucking life changing experience..

Grabbing the bags from Brian's house early in the morning ( his cat squeaky needed a vet visit) we slogged the Tokyo rail system there and back before loading the sled into @Oddjob s bike bag and going back to the hotel with a smile.....

We then hit up Kawasaki for some browsing and wandering....

Brian and his wife then put on an amazing dinner for the fat fook before we go back....

And then we ran into a small problem of a 'fatal incident' that delayed the train for a bit.....

But, it's a few hours before we go back to our lovely wife, lizards and ..... Reality.

Thank you all for taking the time to read, comment and hopefully enjoy this.... Experience

There will be more, that we can promise. Might not be in Japan, but the .... Experience will set forth new paths.

S

P.s. @pink poodle we got a pamphlet for fujimi panorama... Send me a pm and I'll mail it to you.

Last edited:

zac

Likes Dirt
Thanks for sharing @Spanky_Ham - I've never been hugely interested in going to Japan for some reason but it's been a good read and a good laugh, and sounds like it was an awesome trip. Also, sorry if I missed this somewhere, but hope your mate's recovery is going ok too

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Thanks for sharing @Spanky_Ham - I've never been hugely interested in going to Japan for some reason but it's been a good read and a good laugh, and sounds like it was an awesome trip. Also, sorry if I missed this somewhere, but hope your mate's recovery is going ok too
Thanks mate, it was an absolutely amazing trip... and we lost some weight, gained some insight into ourselves... and have reset the "What is possible" limit in the pigs brain.... and wifey has already asked where we will go cycle camping next (woo-fn-hoo!). Having returned to the lab for a few days, really finding it hard to get stressed... maybe, just maybe a new way of dealing with life has been forged.

Mates recovery is going slowly but well, the day the fat one sat on his arse for 9 hours in a plane on the way home, my mate came out of hospital and immediately got a butter chicken curry down his newly formed throat.... He still has a long way to go, with an impending date with some radiation and still a long recovery. But to be home with family and his favourite curry seems to have pepped him up. I also know a number of the Tokyo Half Fast cycling crew have been round to his house for support.

As for Japan, I know lots who love it, some who really don't get it..... and ourselves who, well, like it ... and enjoy the differences to western culture, but having lived there for 9 years.... there's some really f*cked up sh^t (as with any culture or country) that many over look.....

S

zac

Likes Dirt
As for Japan, I know lots who love it, some who really don't get it..... and ourselves who, well, like it ... and enjoy the differences to western culture, but having lived there for 9 years.... there's some really f*cked up sh^t (as with any culture or country) that many over look.....

S
Glad his recovery is coming along mate.

There're a couple of places I wouldn't mind visiting in Japan and it'd be cool to experience the culture, but i dont know that I'd do a special trip just to go there. Kinda like the US for me - if I was in Canada or South America (would love to do Peru and Chile) I'd think about doing a couple of days there to go to say Yosemite or New Orleans (for example) but I probably wouldn't jump on a plane with the specific purpose of going there...