The hams plan to ride in japan.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Well aren't we fookin stupid....

Woke up to a wonderful day, the weather was perfect... A quick trip through Tokyo following Brian (80 year old cycling nutter) up to roppongi for the start of our last Half Fast Tokyo ride for a while..

It was fantastic, a low effort social ride with beer at the half way point and a great day overall.

After we all went our separate ways, we stopped in to have a quick look at wifeys apartment before heading off to Brian's house for dinner with his wife....

A great meal, a glass of nice white wine... Wonderful conversation....

Then, Brian asked about our departure date.... I told him not to worry, but, being Brian he made the meat sack check his ticket and well fook the pig... In our brain we had loads more time...

We do not....

Might try to hit up Kamakura for a day or two bumming about before heading back to Tokyo, packing up and heading home....

It's all ending wayyyyyy to quickly, here comes reality you fat fook....

S

And yeah, we know we ain't no content creator.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Well aren't we fookin stupid....

Woke up to a wonderful day, the weather was perfect... A quick trip through Tokyo following Brian (80 year old cycling nutter) up to roppongi for the start of our last Half Fast Tokyo ride for a while..

It was fantastic, a low effort social ride with beer at the half way point and a great day overall.

After we all went our separate ways, we stopped in to have a quick look at wifeys apartment before heading off to Brian's house for dinner with his wife....

A great meal, a glass of nice white wine... Wonderful conversation....

Then, Brian asked about our departure date.... I told him not to worry, but, being Brian he made the meat sack check his ticket and well fook the pig... In our brain we had loads more time...

We do not....

Might try to hit up Kamakura for a day or two bumming about before heading back to Tokyo, packing up and heading home....

It's all ending wayyyyyy to quickly, here comes reality you fat fook....

S

And yeah, we know we ain't no content creator.

Losing the wheel through the labyrinth raised my anxiety.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
So no time for route 292 @Spanky_Ham ?
Sorry poodle, has to wait for next time.... We cannot believe how badly we mixed up the flights home in our heads.

Not only did we have the wrong day, but the wrong time.. so essentially we really only have two days left.... Which, once we've booked our final hotel ( flight out is 8am, so have to be at the airport early with all our shite) we're heading to the beach for a day or two to just chillax....

Then pack up and back to reality.....

Sad pig

S

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Please tell me you are staying at the robot hotel in Hamamatsucho???

Heart broken about 292. It's something I doubt I'd ever ride (too much road), but this is the perfect time of year for it. There's been some light snowfall up there a few times, amazing wild flowers and autumn colours, the highest road in Japan, an active volcano (maybe 2), a few closed (ghost) ski fields, some abandoned chair lifts (partly a result of that volcano), onsen onsen onsen, the "flood plain that kills the creatures of the forest", monkeys, bearmanpig, and on on on. If there isn't already I'm investing in a solar powered vending machine and viewing deck at the upmost to really mooch in the cycling dollars.

It looks pretty awesome up there in winter...
IMG_20230222_145031454~2.jpg

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Please tell me you are staying at the robot hotel in Hamamatsucho???

Heart broken about 292. It's something I doubt I'd ever ride (too much road), but this is the perfect time of year for it. There's been some light snowfall up there a few times, amazing wild flowers and autumn colours, the highest road in Japan, an active volcano (maybe 2), a few closed (ghost) ski fields, some abandoned chair lifts (partly a result of that volcano), onsen onsen onsen, the "flood plain that kills the creatures of the forest", monkeys, bearmanpig, and on on on. If there isn't already I'm investing in a solar powered vending machine and viewing deck at the upmost to really mooch in the cycling dollars.

It looks pretty awesome up there in winter...
View attachment 403743
Oh, we did that hotel....

Did we not tell Yall... Where you get checked in by an animatronic dinosaur!

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Well, the end is nigh.... We rode down to Kamakura from Tokyo and spent the night somewhere......

And in the morning we had a swim in the ocean, with a bunch of really hopeful surfers... Though their paddling was making bigger waves than was on offer naturally... Though the pigs fat arse made some supreme ripples...

We munted around the peninsula, on an aimless cycle through tunnels and looking at the sea. We did see a sign pointing to a park and thought... That'd be cool.... Then sitting in a line of traffic thinking.... Not moving too fast... Only to look down and see a blue line across the road proclaiming this is an American military area... Do not Cross... So, we didn't...

Nice area, lots of art and a kick arse bmx / skateboard/ basketball area.... Where we washed the sled in a .... Water refill area ( Aus customs are coming up soon)

A really slow cycle back to Tokyo where we are currently on the 12th floor of a business hotel... So if it collapses, we're surfing corpses all the way down....

It has been a blast, thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread, it has been a massive ... Well, life changing experience to do this... And everyone who's commented, read or just thought... What a freak, I hope you get eaten by mothra and not Godzilla. Thanks.

If anything comes from this thread, we hope we can encourage anyone to think "well if that fat f#cker can do a month cycling Japan ,maybe I can do something that's going to make me smile"

Then our job here is done....

We are tired, we are broken, we have reconnected with old friends, we have made new friends. We have done shit we never thought possible, we have seen shit that most will never see.... We are very lucky. We do know that, out lovely wife has supported us in every way.

We are smiling, with a slight tear in the pigs eye as it comes to an end....

We hope you'll all push the pig to do more of this, and join us. Cycling (however you do it , is amazing ) We're already researching trails in Aus to ride....

Thanks for coming along for this ride

Spanky_Ham, the Meat Sack and all the little voices in our heads

S

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
So good. Bringing back memories of my travels in Japan back in the mid-2000’s. Really need to get back there.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Thanks Spanky, I have spent a decent amount of time in Japan, something over 2 years all up in multiple visits. Mostly down south but still trips around Tokyo and Yokohama and this has prompted a lot of memories. Great place and great people. Inamuragasaki was my favourite spot down Kamakura way, just because I love the name. A friend and I planned a motorbike tour and might get there one day.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Thanks Spanky, I have spent a decent amount of time in Japan, something over 2 years all up in multiple visits. Mostly down south but still trips around Tokyo and Yokohama and this has prompted a lot of memories. Great place and great people. Inamuragasaki was my favourite spot down Kamakura way, just because I love the name. A friend and I planned a motorbike tour and might get there one day.
We are so lucky to have lived in Japan for a number of years ( due to pure arse luck ) and if we added it all up it would be close to 21% of our life so far.....

Glad to have stirred some rotorbuners memories , and here is our new slightly rotten drunk Japanese worker friend