The hardtail riding thread

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Yes as a previous owner of a traildigger 26" I can vouch for this, I bought it as a newb with no idea, and it was the worst purchase I ever made.
They have put no thought into it and keep making it each year without putting any tech into it...pfff

Personally it is the fav of my bikes to ride at the park :eek:, similar geometry with a slacker head tube is what i will look for in my next frame.

Im a fan of the Last Rufus & the Atomlab Trail has a sexy look.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Spewin!

Why are you chasing old frames?
Can't afford anything new at all! Especially when you take into account all the new parts i need also ;) haha

Forks, sproket, chain, wheelset, seat, post, bars, headset, crankset.. Pretty much everything =O

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Salt sprocket you can have for the price of postage?

It's red, needs the teeth to be sanded down a bit because theyve bured.

25t

PM me if you want it.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can't afford anything new at all! Especially when you take into account all the new parts i need also ;) haha

Forks, sproket, chain, wheelset, seat, post, bars, headset, crankset.. Pretty much everything =O
What have you done to everything Patto? Far out! That's a lot of parts.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nearly finished upgrading my NS, shall be complete and I will post a picture for you all once I build my wheel later this week :)

2004 P3, badass!

Camz_47

Likes Bikes
Cracked my STP! WOOOOOOOO ;)

Now i need another new bike, gayy
Hey patto just wonderin what size frame did you run before your STP cracked,
as my old STP2 frame is a 14 and a half and feels heaps long?:(
still tossing up whether to start running it again over the oldschool
planet X i'm runnin and even though no ones heard of it, it feels
pretty good.

Last edited:

patto_15

Wheel size expert
What have you done to everything Patto? Far out! That's a lot of parts.
They're all original parts that i bought second hand when i first got the NPJ hahaha, i hardly ever get new stuff =p So they've all just died lol

Hey patto just wonderin what size frame did you run before your STP cracked,
as my old STP2 frame is a 14 and a half and feels heaps long?:(
still tossing up whether to start running it again over the oldschool
planet X i'm runnin and even though no ones heard of it, it feels
pretty good.
I have no idea what size it is, but its pretty short(ish) and i have it 24" so then yeah, it is really long, but for 26" it would be good.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finished upgrading my NS (for now)!

Went out to a local dirtjump spot I used to ride years ago. The jumps seemed pretty small, but it had a cool little dirt spine. The bike felt good, the longer back end really came into its own at the trails.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm so happy with how its come along!

No seat tube at all, it's cut flush. Run a wedge post.

Can't wait to do some more DJ's on it :)

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
Wow rexy nice bike breeee. What rims are those they look heaps trick.
Also i see ur running BB7s, are cable the way to go or should i stick with hydro.
Im running a Juicy 5 at the moment but i have a set of BB7s in the garage.
i just wanted to see peoples opinion on it

Todd

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks man!

The rims are Echo SL's. Technically a trails rim and not designed for the purpose, but they were there at the time...Seem to be holding up ok thusfar.

I really like the cable. It is on/off, which I like in a brake on a DJ bike. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I prefer it to a hydro on this style of bike. Also a lot less mainternance and mucking around than a hydro!