The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Just completed the Bobbo this morning, now sitting on

Distance 900km
Vert 14000m

I may be slow and have zero style but I can hang the fuck in there
Nice mate! Did the rain hold off for it? I was in Bathurst for the weekend, did a 50km ride this morning, plenty of riders out there too.

Cheers, was a first for me and a bit of an achievement.

Just got a sprinkle out at west head, was a little cool heading down Bobbo, anyone familiar with that road will know Bobbo has a cure for that

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
had a slow start to the year....with other priorities taking place...a tree fell on our house...we moved our family of four into a motel then a unit whilst the house is rebuilt......so wiped January and February out as we tried to settle down a bit...

have used March to get back into it...and also as a fundraiser for MarchCharge for cancer fundraiser...

aiming for 1,500km for the month (sitting on 770km...) and was aiming for $1000 raised for cancer...and have just gone past that..so still trying for more donations...

https://marchcharge2016ride.everydayhero.com/au/andrew-2

Elbo

Got back last night from a bikepacking trip with a bunch of new and old mates in the Watagans. Added 200km of offroad/gravel to the tally for 2016.

Cheers to RCOH for trekking out with beers, water, pulled pork buns and egg and bacon rolls in the morning. Pretty much singlehandedly turned a bikepacking trip into glamping. Legend!

akashra

Eats Squid
I've now started to back off the volume a bit as I need a few weeks to just catch up and recover. Two weeks at home (VES1, MTBO1 and XCM3 next two weekends), then straight up to Cairns for 10 days (World cup set-up), then three weeks home, then off overseas for two weeks.

2016 Target: 8,000km.
2016 ridden so far: 3,889km.
Strava tells me I've climbed 39,059m so far this year.

Elbo

You guys are smashing it! Great work!
I'm currently sitting on 1770km, 81hrs in the saddle and 21,500m vertical.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
My riding plans have come to a crashing halt due to a major health issue. I'll update when I know more, still waiting on a firm diagnosis, then it's on to treatment plans.

scblack

Leucocholic
Well I have done:

2012 I did 3,900.
2013 did 4,000
2014 did 5,000
2015 did 5,000
Thats roadie kms.
5,000 was a struggle this year so I will target 4,000 for 2016.

I don't log my MTB riding as it's generally DH or gravity enduro style. But it's good to set a target for the year.

How about 60hours MTB riding for the year? That's a bit more than an hour a weekend, seeing I'll miss many and others I'll try to manage at least two hours.
Update for me, I have passed 1,000kms on the roadie so on schedule there.

MTB hours, due to family functions and travel and the fact I don't log anything mean I'll forget about MTB goal.

slowmick

38-39"
My riding plans have come to a crashing halt due to a major health issue. I'll update when I know more, still waiting on a firm diagnosis, then it's on to treatment plans.
you are having a seriously shit run of luck with your health and your bike riding. hope the news you get is better than you expect.

As for 2016 i am tryign to ride 75% of the days. no fixed distance or elevation just want to keep riding. winter is going to be hard to get out in the rain.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
As for 2016 i am tryign to ride 75% of the days. no fixed distance or elevation just want to keep riding. winter is going to be hard to get out in the rain.
riding 4-5 days a week youll be knocking up some decent kms...good stuff. yeh melbourne winters suck in terms of riding consistency...you just gotta grab it when you can.
been a bit slack (nothing new there) + a few bike niggles (same again...nothing new there)so last 2-3 weeks have been a bit slow. sitting @ 2,488.1 km...about 5-600km behind target...shit :p

styler

Likes Dirt
Distance 923.7 km
Time 60h 38m
Elev Gain 10,109 m
Rides 45

Injured in January but I'm starting to make up the km's, not leaving myself short this year. On target for my 3000km for the year.

Elbo

Just ticked over 2k for the year today. Got a big week of riding coming up next week, riding from Sydney to Albury, starting Saturday, so might commute a couple more times this week, then have a few rest days prior.

Distance 2,013.8 km
Time 91h 29m
Elev Gain 24,648 m
Rides 83