The James Williamson Enduro Challenge 2011

frensham

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if anyone took a GPS? Interested in the altitude gain per lap - there seemed to be quite a bit of it to my old legs......

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
T'was a great and fitting day

[video=youtube;RzOx25-0t4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzOx25-0t4o[/video]

tabmow

Squid
Great

Great event, great trails, great vibe. It really felt like what MTB racing is all about.

I was late on race day, barely making rego, blew the nutrition and warm up plans and just made it to the start, forgeting a spare tube. Two punctures (had a repair kit) later my top 10 finish was forgotten. I still have a smile on my face thinking about the race and why I did this event.

I was at a Western Sydney MTB 12 hour race some years ago now, when some unknown kid wearing Powerbar kit came and smashed it, winning the solo cat on his first attempt. This kid obviously had talent but little could I imagine the impact and influence he would have on our great sport of mountain biking. I never reallt knew the guy but James was always polite in asking for track and encouraging as he passed. His lines, attitude and committment certainly inspirational.

I hope this event continues and James Williamson's spirit rides in us all!!!

sly_artichoke

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if anyone took a GPS? Interested in the altitude gain per lap - there seemed to be quite a bit of it to my old legs......
Diamonds, I think you'd better get your Garmin recalibrated. My new Cateye Adventure gave 1230m ascent for the 3 laps, in keeping with the 415m and 450m per lap mentioned above.

I had a hoot out there and will be back next year.

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
As a member of SHCC it was really great to hear your feedback on this forum. I have taken the liberty to forward your comments onto Meg Patey and she has posted these on the official JW website (see here). If any would like to contribute in feedback for future events please feel free to do so... feedback

This was a very special event and all who came, in whatever capacity (rider, helper, organizer, volunteer etc) went home with great memories, tempered with the knowledge that we all have received this as gift! Out of tragedy comes something so really positive and inspirational - such was the gift that Willo left all of us. May we all learn of Willo's character and forever adopt the same perspective both on and off the race track.

Diamonds, I think you'd better get your Garmin recalibrated. My new Cateye Adventure gave 1230m ascent for the 3 laps, in keeping with the 415m and 450m per lap mentioned above.

I had a hoot out there and will be back next year.
Certainly seems like it. I am a rookie so maybe my lines were really that bad ;)