The last movie you've last watched last

moorey

call me Mia
Ha yeah even Craig thinks that but still wasn't enough to stop him from doing the latest (delayed) one after being offered Bolvia's GDP for it or something. Trailer looks f***ing epic too.

Given Idris Elba has written himself off as a replacement, I want Richard Madden to be the next Bond.
I like to think that after 'Cats', he just wrote himself off entirely. Also, Is Pierce Brosnan moving on from Bond?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
My list of 'scared to watch and ruin the memory' contains Falling Down, Convoy, Highlander..... EVERYTHING by Adam Sandler that seemed once funny, now horrifies me...with the exception of maybe Happy Gilmore, which I haven't re-watched in nearly 20 years, and is hovering in the 'scared to ruin' pile.
Watched Falling Down again a year or so ago. It's...... still great. Worth a re-watch. Saw Happy Gilmore a little while ago too and as long as you're acutely attuned to how stupid it's going to be it's fine. Wouldn't bother with any other Sandler movie though.
Also, Is Pierce Brosnan moving on from Bond?
Yeah Die Another Day was critically panned for some reason. Possibly because it was a complete bag of shite.

moorey

call me Mia
Watched Falling Down again a year or so ago. It's...... still great. Worth a re-watch. Saw Happy Gilmore a little while ago too and as long as you're acutely attuned to how stupid it's going to be it's fine. Wouldn't bother with any other Sandler movie though.

Yeah Die Another Day was critically panned for some reason. Possibly because it was a complete bag of shite.
Happy was relatively free from the horrific homophobia and stupidly forced characters that became his wheelhouse....at least as I remember it.
Frank Grimes Simpsons character was based on Falling Down....and is probably my fave episode ever. That said, I haven't seen a Simpsons episode released after about 1998. It really seemed to be going down hill at that point, and I have no idea if it ever recovered....and only just found out they're still making new episodes :eek:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Happy was relatively free from the horrific homophobia and stupidly forced characters that became his wheelhouse....at least as I remember it.
Frank Grimes Simpsons character was based on Falling Down....and is probably my fave episode ever. That said, I haven't seen a Simpsons episode released after about 1998. It really seemed to be going down hill at that point, and I have no idea if it ever recovered....and only just found out they're still making new episodes :eek:
There's many great modern Simpsons episodes. Though at this rate there's also plenty terrible ones.

Personally I think south park, family guy, American dad and Paradise PD do wAy better.

Side note, if you've not seen paradise PD, and are a fan of adult cartoons, do yourself a favour. 100% more innapropriate than the prior mentioned animation.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That said, I haven't seen a Simpsons episode released after about 1998. It really seemed to be going down hill at that point, and I have no idea if it ever recovered....and only just found out they're still making new episodes :eek:
Definitely keep it that way. Was on the way out from about season 8-9 onwards (about 90% of the original writers had gone by then), and rubbish by the early 2000s. Only reason it's still going is because Fox make bulk coin from all the associated Simpsons phone video games so are reluctant to turn off the money hose, but creative bankruptcy was reached a long time ago there.
Personally I think south park, family guy, American dad and Paradise PD do wAy better.
Yep. Add Rick and Morty and Big Mouth to that list. Will check out Paradise PD.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
How could I forget Rick and morty....

Big mouth is good, but I feel that the show is kinda borderline. Now I like that, though the content makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong when watching it.

moorey

call me Mia
There's many great modern Simpsons episodes. Though at this rate there's also plenty terrible ones.

Side note, if you've not seen paradise PD, and are a fan of adult cartoons, do yourself a favour. 100% more innapropriate than the prior mentioned animation.
South Park wears thin quickly on me....same with Family Guy. American Dad was a poor copy of Family Guy. Pass. The only animated series I've seen in the last 10 years that was worth watching was/is F is for Family. Was a huge King of the Hill fan though.
'Inappropriate' for the sake of it is boring. Just trying shock people might appeal to teens and Incels, but not me.

moorey

call me Mia
Definitely keep it that way. Was on the way out from about season 8-9 onwards (about 90% of the original writers had gone by then), and rubbish by the early 2000s. Only reason it's still going is because Fox make bulk coin from all the associated Simpsons phone video games so are reluctant to turn off the money hose, but creative bankruptcy was reached a long time ago there.

Yep. Add Rick and Morty and Big Mouth to that list. Will check out Paradise PD.
I really don't get the appeal of Rick and Morty. Big Mouth held my attention for a couple of episodes at best. If Paradise PD anything like those, pass. I seem to prefer more realism in my cartoons, though I used to enjoy Fututama somewhat.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
How could I forget Rick and morty....

Big mouth is good, but I feel that the show is kinda borderline. Now I like that, though the content makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong when watching it.
Oh yeah, it's awesomely fucked up. Very clever though, the amount I've learnt about mental health issues, anxiety and others is pretty impressive for a cartoon. Does a great job of distillating complex issues and explaining them well imo. Or you can just ignore that and laugh at genital jokes, whatevs.

Same with Rick and Morty - it's a very clever show masquerading as a very stupid one. The underlying issues between the characters and their own demons (and how they're all evolving season after season) is alternatively a joy / sobering to watch. Or again, you can just ignore all that and laugh at the stupidity. Either or.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
A younger me kinda thought it was.....until I realised he wasn't being satirical or ironic.
It was a different time...

TAlso there's lots of stuff that was never funny, but you only learn why it's not funny as you gain some insight/life experience.

It's also hard to watch many comedians that used those themes as a crutch try and pivot in this woke world.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
A younger me kinda thought it was.....until I realised he wasn't being satirical or ironic.
Also there's lots of stuff that was never funny, but you only learn why it's not funny as you gain some insight/life experience.
Yeah wasn't having a go at anyone for having found it funny, I just remember even as a kid being really uncomfortable watching them. Hadn't seen anything Sandler in a long time until Uncut Gems, but still remember the feeling of watching The Waterboy.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Yeah wasn't having a go at anyone for having found it funny, I just remember even as a kid being really uncomfortable watching them. Hadn't seen anything Sandler in a long time until Uncut Gems, but still remember the feeling of watching The Waterboy.
Didn't think you were. Different people find different things funny at different times of their lives. I loved Sandler when I was younger, but I grew out of his brand of humour. He certainly hasn't.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
to a black woman???? yeah no thanks, james bond was based on a white male, if they wanted a black woman to play a 00, needed a new movie and name , aka a spin off say 005, the new age, call her Jamie or larisia for all i care, not james bond 007
Dr. Who-Bond