The New Northbridge Pump Track - Now Open - now with Vids

T-Rex

Template denier
Hey guys,

Looks great! I've only ever been on one pumptrack for about 10 minutes, it looks like it probably gives your upper body abit of a work out - yay or nay?

-Andrew
Big time, especially for us more "mature" riders who do more XC/communting milage than gravity assisted milage.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reminder...Maintenance Day tomorrow...

4 tonnes of dirt has been dropped off there this morning, for the Maintenance day tomorrow...with enough people there we may be able to get another berm and roller finished which will loop you around without having to go back to the start ramp...

if you have been seen there pulling mad skiddies on rollers then come lend a hand for an hour or so....

Chris Southwood may be bringing the BBQ down too...

Let us know if you can drop by

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A BIG Thanks to all those that turned up for the maintenance day! place is getting better each time!

A massive thanks to Oli Kristevic, Dave MuzGrove, and Chris Southwood... big props for organising, getting in there and getting stuff done!

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hay guys,

I was out there today and spoke to some council worker at the pump track, they were looking at the state of the track after the rain we had last weekend. They have decided to deliver another 2 tonne of the red clay/dirt in the next couple of weeks. They were also asking if anyone have any issue with them cutting a branch of the tree in the middle of the track it has begun to hang down over the inside line, someone has already proped it up.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi James

yep, I notified the council this morning of the poor state of the track.

I was pretty surprised by the extent of the damage. I sincerely hope some kid doesnt come off their bike with the track in its present form, a lot of exposed rocks.

Good to hear they sent someone out to inspect it. I will take a look at the branch this weekend

Looks like another maintenance day soon...stay tuned, we want to get this place back to its former glory

Wonder how Castlecove held up, anyone been there lately?

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chuckie,

The dirt they said they may get delivered is the red clay/dirt use on the berms on the inside line. I also went and had a look at castle cove and it's in the same state as northbridge.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks for the heads up mate...it seems that dirt is the only thing that survived...will get on the case

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Everyone

As those that frequent the facility will know, all the rain that we have had over the past few months has left the track in a pretty bad state...

The next maintenance day is scheduled for Sat May 14th...

If you could spare a few hours it would be greatly appreciated...let us know if you can do the whole day, AM or PM

The more we get there the more we can get done...including tweaks and new stuff to add some more flow

Thanks, have a great Easter

SpecialFx

Likes Dirt
hi mate,,
where exactly is this pumptrack located, ive try to look it in the google maps and its quite near from my house,,
im in lindfield now,,

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Has a roll there today for a couple of hours... Bit wet, but otherwise its still in pretty good knick! Just a bit harder to carry speed through everything.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
guys...please dont ride the track when its wet!! It just makes more work for us to do on the maintenance day...hope to see you there helping out on the 14th!

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys sorry but due to us having trouble sourcing good quality soil, and some volunteers were racing the state round this weekend, we have to move the maintenance date back to the 28th of May.
Council will be building some better drainage this week as well, so hopefully that is completed before the weekend

If anyone has any contacts that have good clay without rocks please let us know

Hopefully see you on the 28th

Thanks

digby69

Likes Bikes
Chuckie

Hi i'm looking 4 some advice/help,
I am about to aproach our local council in Albury about converting an old unused BMX track into a pump track. You have done a great job with Nothbridge and i was wondering if i could use you as a reference and any northbridge council contacts to help show what we're about, also do you have any tips on pushing the proccess along?
CHEERS Brett.

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Guys

Thanks to all who have confirmed that you are attending tomorrow (Sat 28th May) maintenance day.
I know a lot of you are sacrificing riding hours to help out tomorrow, but its for the greater good and future trail advocacy with the councils. Some people are coming a long way to help so we appreciate it.
We should have a good crew there tomorrow and a BBQ is planned too at lunch time so bring a few bucks for snags.

start time is 8.30 am with Trail boss's are Dave Musgrove and Oli Kristevic, sorting tasks out

work will be carried out on
resurfacing the track
Building the berms higher
Drainage
Additional Rollers

Please bring a hat, gloves and suitable footwear

These are the tools we will need you to bring if you can

Mattocks
Shovels
Metal Rake
Wheel Barrows
Buckets or watering cans

If anyone has access to a Whacker Plate please let us know

If you haven't got any of the stuff dont worry, we will still need you.

Thanks all, see you tomorrow

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Vandalized!!

Guys after a great work day at the maintenance day, and getting the track running sweet...got some bad news.

just visted the pumpy to inspect the new drainage, ...drainage worked really well but...

the place has now been vandalised by someone demolishing the first two rollers and using logs to make them into dirt jumps with gaps, and building kickers on the spines and rollers!!! They have dragged logs and pallets on to the track as well to build lips.

worst thing is that they have used the dirt from the rollers and berm near the start ramp by digging them up!!

I have just been told that 2 teenagers around 16yrs olds on BMX's were out there yesterday afternoon building this rubbish, and my guess is that they may be out there again this afternoon to finish it off. Hopefully we catch them.

woudl anyone on here know who they are?

Hopefully we can catch them but the track is now not ride-able until we can fix it