The Photo Snob Thread

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Just stuffing about, still trying to find a colour film I'm keen on.

Fuji Reala 100, EOS 500, 50 f/1.4
Where do you buy from? At the moment I'm just using Kodak 400- didn't think there was a point spending heaps when I'm still getting the hang of manual settings and stuffing so much up. For future reference though, it would be great.

Here's two from my latest roll. Pity the ferret pulled out of focus at the last second, but it does kind of show the nature of a ferret. Orange lights and wooden walls in the second one made everything warm and well...orange.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
She's a beauty!

...and another...

*snip*

My flickr uploads are loosing alot of colour (as if they are becoming slightly de-saturated. Any ideas?)
I think you might have a conflict with Adobe RGB colour space as opposed to sRGB.

Check your colour profile to find out - images in Adobe RGB will appear washed out when uploaded unless you have a browser plugin that will make the colours show as if they were in sRGB.

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Few from America. Wish I had more time to shoot but once I get up to Lake Tahoe in California there will be lots of photog time to be had.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Few from America. Wish I had more time to shoot but once I get up to Lake Tahoe in California there will be lots of photog time to be had.

~snip~
Loving them all except for the suburban one, dunno why, its just not my thing I don't think, really loving the rest though!!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com

**snip**
Chalkie, their all crap! But this one is the crappest of the lot!:D
I wish I could take crap shots like these! Love them!
Farkin Brilliant mate! Lucky you to be over there shooting this stuff!

Edit: The more I look at the last one, the more I love the colour and mood it gives!

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I think you might have a conflict with Adobe RGB colour space as opposed to sRGB.

Check your colour profile to find out - images in Adobe RGB will appear washed out when uploaded unless you have a browser plugin that will make the colours show as if they were in sRGB.
I don't really understand enough about colour spaces; care to enlighten me?

Would it be preferable to switch to sRGB in-camera, or say stick at Adobe RGB and export images that are to be uploaded to the internet, into sRGB? (I was under the impression Adobe gave a greater range, hence, more useful for editing.

By the way, it worked ;) Thanks!

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
I don't really understand enough about colour spaces; care to enlighten me?

Would it be preferable to switch to sRGB in-camera, or say stick at Adobe RGB and export images that are to be uploaded to the internet, into sRGB? (I was under the impression Adobe gave a greater range, hence, more useful for editing.

By the way, it worked ;) Thanks!
No problemo! :)

IMO - shooting in sRGB will be fine unless you want to get really picky with monitor calibration, custom colour profiles and printing yourself.
For a bit of a run-down on the issue, check this article out http://www.lustrecolor.com/Downloads/MonitorCalibration/sRGBvsAdobeRGB.php

Plenty of people will crap on about greater range, better this and that etc but not surprisingly only some of them actually have properly calibrated monitors and the gear/know-how to print the best possible quality in-house on top level printers. Sometimes despite what many will say it's best to keep it simple (depending on your specific application of course).

Hope this helps.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
This is a Public Service Announcement:

When you are using PhotoShop to edit your photos, please do not use the "save for web" function, but rather just the standard save procedure. Using "save for web" strips the image file of its metadata and as such, EXIF information can no longer be read from the file. This is annoying!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Only for nerds like you who read exif data. :p
Clearly only the smart people use the exif data!:D

I am in desperate need of some photos of DIY light boxes. I know some in here have built them and have pics, but can't find them. And I am not trawling through 1300+ pages!

stp0 rider

Likes Bikes
Got a budget of around $1000 for a DSLR.
Went to the shop and was recomended the nikon d3000 with a twin lens kit which i think was a 18-55 and 55-200 for $979.
Does anybody have one of these cameras, could they give me some info about if they like or dislike them.
Any other suggestions would be helpful..

norco01

Likes Dirt
shameless plug

Selling my 20d +18-55 + 75-300 +UV and circ. polarising filter, 2 batteries, charger, i think its a 4 gig card, some manuals. I think thats it

If your interested shoot me a pm, will be going on ebay soonish when i can be bothered

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Clearly only the smart people use the exif data!:D

I am in desperate need of some photos of DIY light boxes. I know some in here have built them and have pics, but can't find them. And I am not trawling through 1300+ pages!
Flickr is great for photos of DIY gear.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=DIY Lightbox&w=all

Mine is similar to this but the box is a bit deeper.

With 2 speedlites both sides =

Last edited: