The Polite Wollongong Thread

Bailey.Roberts

Likes Bikes
bulli

im realy wondering which way is the fastest way to get to the top of bulli(riding/walking) hich way do you think is the quickest way.
either: walk up the track,walk up hospital road or walk up bulli pass. which would be quicker or easier

RMB

Likes Dirt
Gong based Mont 6 man team needs a rider

We are down one man due to injury, PM me if keen to join a six man team for the Mont.

red

Likes Dirt
im realy wondering which way is the fastest way to get to the top of bulli(riding/walking) hich way do you think is the quickest way.
either: walk up the track,walk up hospital road or walk up bulli pass. which would be quicker or easier
bulli pass is the hardest way by far, hospital road is all right,
or the mine road is the best way, i think,

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jase, I've still got that Rocky Mountain hoody if you want to add it to your collection of RMB stuff. Price is a big fat zero otherwise its going into storage sometime within the next 24 days before we become expats.

will let it be known about the mont. Not sure if Backie ended up getting team going...

muzza111

Likes Bikes
We are down one man due to injury, PM me if keen to join a six man team for the Mont.
might have more luck if you post this in the XC thread, as not too many DH'ers fancy riding 24 hours - 6 or 7 minutes.....okay probably 8 or 9 :eek: at thredbo is enough thanks:)

Last edited:

muzza111

Likes Bikes
Hi all. I'm from Nowra and wanting to head up your way for a ride either this w/e or next. Just wondering if someone cold pm me some locations to head to for some nice riding. I and my mates are only fairly new to this and have been riding funnelweb(wandi) a bit and are looking to ride some new tracks. Thanks asll, and if anyone wants to come down our way for a ride, I am always keen to take people out.
PM sent bohdan.

RMB

Likes Dirt
Jase, I've still got that Rocky Mountain hoody if you want to add it to your collection of RMB stuff. Price is a big fat zero otherwise its going into storage sometime within the next 24 days before we become expats.

will let it be known about the mont. Not sure if Backie ended up getting team going...
Cheers mate, PM me your contact details,is that a maybe for the Mont?

RMB

Likes Dirt
might have more luck if you post this in the XC thread, as not too many DH'ers fancy riding 24 hours - 6 or 7 minutes.....okay probably 8 or 9 :eek: at thredbo is enough thanks:)
Got it there to just thought some gong guys would be keen>

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There are plenty of keen ones around, but they are already in teams. I know 4 teams going myself.

Mad I tell ya, mad.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Hey guys, if any of you have been up Keira within the past week you would have seen the massive puddles of water/mud right near the bottom of the track when it comes out onto the road. There were some guys from Sydney Water diggin up various aprts of the road including the edge of it and doing some maintenence or soemthing, just be cautious as you are coming out of the exit to the tracks.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dearest valued Wollongong riders,

Thanks for making this a cool thread, there have been heaps of hook-ups for rides and general info sharing with local and non locals alike so my aim has been achieved! I'm moving (back) over to Vancouver in early april for 2 years so will most likely not be posting too much more in this thread but will still see whats going on in the 'hood.

Reuben

Oh, and pm me if you need someone to ride the north shore or whistler with!

Last edited:

red

Likes Dirt
Dearest valued Wollongong riders,

Thanks for making this a cool thread, there have been heaps of hook-ups for rides and general info sharing with local and non locals alike so my aim has been achieved! I'm moving (back) over to Vancouver in early april for 2 years so will most likely not be posting too much more in this thread but will still see whats going on in the 'hood.

Anyway I'm offering my V10 frame to you guys for $2200 as it has to be sold asap. you can see it here-----> http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?201824-2009-Santa-Cruz-V10-PRICE-DROP.

I know its not the forum to be selling things according to the rules but I see it more as "sharing the wollongong love" since I'm offering it for $2600 to non readers of this thread. Forks must go too...

Cheers!
Reuben

Oh, and pm me if you need someone to ride the north shore or whistler with!
or if it was just that cheap 4 weeks ago i would of got it

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last edited:

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
hey all
just wondering if any one wants to get filmed from the gong
I might be working on a smallish video about wollongong?
any one keen
pm me

cjm102

Likes Dirt
It's a shame you are off Reubs, I was just about to get back on the bike. My hand is about 80% and my bike is being very missed. I was keen on another ride with you, but it will wait till your return... or in Canada upon my return haha.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
It's a shame you are off Reubs, I was just about to get back on the bike. My hand is about 80% and my bike is being very missed. I was keen on another ride with you, but it will wait till your return... or in Canada upon my return haha.
I'm keen for a ride any day of the week (pending my bike is up and running and it isn't psising rain).
Chuck us a PM if you want to go for a ride, I'm sure plenty of others will go with you aswell!

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As an Illawarian, I am proud of this thread, Is there any other town/city in Oz that has the same on Rotorburn?

NAH - never. Up the 'Gong.;)

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, and to think it all came about because we "were" a bunch of whinging little internet-heroes!

I'll bet the demo is itching to rail some berms at the uni, Chris. It was in prime condition when I last rode it. NOw I just have to concentrate on getting my new 951 rolling before whistler opens in a few weeks. That is if the damn snow melts...