The Polite Wollongong Thread

cjm102

Likes Dirt
Reubs, if you get up to the Star just let me know. I'll get a few mates to hook you up with discount tickets and show you about.

simon80

Likes Bikes
The Polite Wollongong Thread - I like it!!

Thought I'd drop you guys a line and say keep up the good work!! Its good to see the local crew banding together and sharing info.

I'm back on the bike after a long lay off, mainly riding XC/enduro. I have been riding loops from Keira over to Appin/Bulli and back - usually ending with a quick run down the holy which pops me out nice and close to my front door. If anyone's keen on having a ride and possibly sharing some trail locations, feel free to contact me. I grew up at the base of Keira and have quite a bit of local knowlegde.

nskz

Likes Dirt
Just wanted to give a shoutout to whoever has been doing a bit of work on uni; some resto work, cut in a new line up the top. The new line is sweet, works really well. And I fixed up the berms after I rode through, fear not.

Anyway, top work :)

PS if you ever need a hand, PM me.

Uni

Im with nskz ,the phantom uni track trail fairy has been doing some awsome work ,if you ever need a hand PM me aswell GOOD WORK

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grave dig

So I'm back "holidaying" in my hometown for a few weeks (what a weird feeling...) and was wondering what the current situation is with a few of the local trails. Kembla? Uni? Possums? I'm aware of the Holy "shutdown" hence why I'm asking.

PM me if you dont want to advertise it on here.

Cheers

red

Likes Dirt
So I'm back "holidaying" in my hometown for a few weeks (what a weird feeling...) and was wondering what the current situation is with a few of the local trails. Kembla? Uni? Possums? I'm aware of the Holy "shutdown" hence why I'm asking.

PM me if you dont want to advertise it on here.

Cheers
Im not sure about kembla? but i think uni track is all good and possums is not going anywhere, we know the owner and his cool with us riding on his land.
But Mt Keira is like shut down now

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks everyone for the PMs etc. I'm borrowing my mate's light blue Bullit and getting out tomorrow- XC lid, DH shorts and some trendy adidas non-riding shoes.

If you see this combination of absurdness some time over the next 2 weeks, please stop and give me a lift!

Lemmy

Squid
My Country

Hey fellow rotorburners my names bob and im a ABo! im on 4centrelink payments a week due to fake ids so my income is pretty hot! Just bought a new demo 8 II and gee wiz is it smooth... Ill be at keira tomoro with my didgeredoo and tld kit come up and say hi and well do some runs!
You bring the cyphone?? and ill bring the jimmy to crank the tank open!

Red.

Likes Dirt
Hey fellow rotorburners my names bob and im a ABo! im on 4centrelink payments a week due to fake ids so my income is pretty hot! Just bought a new demo 8 II and gee wiz is it smooth... Ill be at keira tomoro with my didgeredoo and tld kit come up and say hi and well do some runs!
You bring the cyphone?? and ill bring the jimmy to crank the tank open!
lol are you now

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
FWIW I thought I'd let the north-dwellers know that the fallen tree 3/4 of the way down Bulli-2 has been cleared. No more heart in mouth moments as you hit the lefthander!!!

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The prodigal son has returned from Canada and the chainsaw has had a workout today.
The "steep" trail (to the far right) in the Holy trail area has had the fallen trees removed. Go ride it. The lower bridge is structurally sound but the last pice of plywood is a little dodgy (I'll prolly fix this soon, any donations of materials would be appreciated)
I was going to cut out the big f##k off fallen tree on the diverted trail to the right of Huckers but it is just too big, so keep on riding off holy's entrance.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As per usual in this thread- minimal directions will be given out publicly apart to say there was a tree down on a trail and now there is not. If you know the trail, you will know the tree. ;)

Samy Smith

Cannon Fodder
Hello im a new user and I ride the wollongong tracks hope to see some of you guys up there.

Last edited: