VIC The private decent

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
I might be heading out tomorrow too, try and plan some of the bottom section and get it started. forecast is saying no rain from now til tomorrow night, so should get a liitttllee bit of time to dry out a tad.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sweet ideas! sounds like it going to be an awesome track loving the sound of the flow and off camber haha awesome.

i might be able to come out on sundat depending on the weather if anyones interested, but there has been alot of rain and even at the dirt jumps im building it is making it terrible conditions to build in but we'll give it a shot :)
Sunday is looking like horrible weather. personally im avoiding that place on sunday. will be soaking wet

GrantOner

Squid
Hey guys, did anyone make it out there on the weekend for a ride or a build? If so how's it looking? I've been to lazy (read: drunk) to get out there and put in some work, but with the weather how it's been, hard to put any work in without the trail just turning to a bog pit. I'm keen to meet up some stage and check this lowee section witha creek gap you're talking about? Also wanna start working the top section a little, while Nicko and I still have some wood work to finsih off in the middle section. Hopefully we get a few strings of warmer days and less rain so we can really finish it off before summertime.

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
Dont think anyone made it out there this weekend.. Yeah were wanting to make make some huge long berms at the bottom and a few different size creek gaps. the top section does need some work. I think we should change some of it since you cant really go too fast since theres nothing to really catch you if you know what I mean. The direction doesent change much at all. Im getting super keen to get it all running good though.
Bring on good weather!

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
next sunday is going to be 20 degrees and sunny!!! wooo haha so should be a good day to head out! too bad i'm working that day :( and i finish at 4:00pm so probs to late do you rekon??

Also wondering if any of you guys know the quarry thats in rowville?? well the was a good dh trail there a fiew years ago with some apparently really cool lines that head on the edges of thew quarry asnd stuff, wondering if any of you guys know or have heard about it?

i'm going to go have a look out there in the coming weeks because there is a really steep fire trail which looks like heaps of fun! haha but also have a scout to see if there could be anything. There was meant to be quite a big rock drop

brycethebomb

Likes Dirt
next sunday is going to be 20 degrees and sunny!!! wooo haha so should be a good day to head out! too bad i'm working that day :( and i finish at 4:00pm so probs to late do you rekon??

Also wondering if any of you guys know the quarry thats in rowville?? well the was a good dh trail there a fiew years ago with some apparently really cool lines that head on the edges of thew quarry asnd stuff, wondering if any of you guys know or have heard about it?

i'm going to go have a look out there in the coming weeks because there is a really steep fire trail which looks like heaps of fun! haha but also have a scout to see if there could be anything. There was meant to be quite a big rock drop
awesome! im happy to stay out til dark.. if my parents are nice enough to pick me up. havent heard of the quarry, sounds sick though! where abouts is it?

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
It's along Wellington road, umm I you want to have a look at google satellite zoom in towards rowville and u will see it, it's pretty bloody hard to miss haha and towards the left u will see like a fire road, well yeh that's pretty darn steep and looks really cool. And you could even go into the quarry by the looks because there is no fence at the back..... Could bud some super sick freeride lines! ;) I there's no one around haha. There are two quarries, so u have some choice haha but yeh the dh track was basically at that fire road

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
Yeh I rekon! Hopefully I can find the old track....... Just thinking man it would b cool If the quarry closed down, coz then u would b able to do some sick riding in there!! Hahaha bad for business tho

Nerb

Squid
It's along Wellington road, umm I you want to have a look at google satellite zoom in towards rowville and u will see it, it's pretty bloody hard to miss haha and towards the left u will see like a fire road, well yeh that's pretty darn steep and looks really cool. And you could even go into the quarry by the looks because there is no fence at the back..... Could bud some super sick freeride lines! ;) I there's no one around haha. There are two quarries, so u have some choice haha but yeh the dh track was basically at that fire road
There is certainly a fence along the quarry boundary. That area is lysterfield lake park and churchill park. Theres plenty of tracks in there. Have you not been there in the last 5 years?

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
Ummm yeh I have actually... I ride there heaps.... This part is not in either it is out side of lysterfield and on the border of Churchill but it is actually really like unmarked land, oh yeh and there are like 3 quarries ahah the big one has the the fence and possibly the other one but because it doesn't actually back onto anything there may not b, but most likely Buuut I found out today that there is actually another really small one that is now closed down

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
"Un marked Land???" no it isn't, i know of a few trails over the years, the area is either Churchill, Lysterfield or Boral Quarries land...
Some Major progress has been made with PV over the last few years... DO NOT BUILD in this area...
If you do, it will be shut down...

If you really want legal trails in the area do it the right way...
Both LDTR and the Yarra valley MTB club have great relationships with PV get onto to them and do it correctly...

You are damaging the future for MTB in the area if you build in areas that you don't have permission from the Land manager.

yakkity yak

Likes Dirt
Don't worry mate chill haha I wasn't going to build there, that's just stupid soo build especially if it is the quarries, cheers for clarifying tho, coz I know it's not Churchill according to a map but it may have been updated because it wasn't the best map because we were looking for the fire roads which we were saying would be fun to ride

Plus we were just dreaming about how cool it would be to have a quarry to ride around in and build cool lines, no way would we do that in a working one, would get our heads kicked in haha

Last edited: