The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

OK guys, thanks to binner I got a frame I liked the look of, to measure the shock length I need which part of the hole do I measure from, front or back. If anyone can id the frame feel free to do so. As you can see it has cable guides down both sides, old brake mounts as well as disc mounts

safreek

The down tube is very peculiar.
That's what made me need it, don't care if it is a crappy brand, would just like to know so I can get a hanger to suit. Anybody know if it's possible to get a custom hanger if I can't identify. It weighed in at 2.89 kg in the post office today

creaky

XMAS Plumper
shock length I need which part of the hole do I measure from, front or back
Middle, and make sure the linkage isn't quite bottomed out when you measure.

You will also need to put a wheel in with the chunkiest tyre that will fit to measure the shortest shock length before it hits the seat tube. That will tell you the max shock stroke.

safreek

Middle, and make sure the linkage isn't quite bottomed out when you measure.

You will also need to put a wheel in with the chunkiest tyre that will fit to measure the shortest shock length before it hits the seat tube. That will tell you the max shock stroke.
Cheers mate, that's what I need. You mean like a couple mm before bottoming out

creaky

XMAS Plumper
How are you going to mount the shock? Simple bolt with nut through the holes, with spacers between the mounting plates to take out lateral movement, heaps of grease?

safreek

How are you going to mount the shock? Simple bolt with nut through the holes, with spacers between the mounting plates to take out lateral movement, heaps of grease?
Hadn't really thought of that, probs just basic bolts, didn't realize I would need spacers, thought the shock eye bit would be fine.