The QUICK question thread.....

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Where's the cheapest place to buy decent mtb shorts? I'm looking for something with a liner as I get really sore skin (especially in summer!)

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Where's the cheapest place to buy decent mtb shorts? I'm looking for something with a liner as I get really sore skin (especially in summer!)
just went through this - there is SFA stock in Aus at the moment.

I ended up buying Endura liners separately and then some shorts on special at CRC.

In my searches, Endura Humvees and Humvee lites come with liners already, as do some Fox ones. Not many others do.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I've found most liners to be inferior to a reasonable pair of bib shorts, which can easily be worn under shorts/jersey.

These guys get good raps...

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I get really sore skin (intertrigo?) on one side of my groin, so bloody annoying so maybe a bib knick might be best. I used to wear them when I moved from road biking to mountain biking and I remember them as being pretty comfy.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Saddle material/finish (glossy, matte or textured) can have a bit of an effect on those areas too @HamboCairns (I imagine especially so if you follow Poodle's suggestion...).

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Bibs underneath and a lightweight short over is your best bet in a tropical climate. I just picked up some Giro shorts without a liner from 99 bikes (to deal with my foretold XMAS plumping). They had also just got stock of Fox ones in as well.

Plus, with bibs you can always make everyone uncomfortable by walking around shirtless with bib straps after a hot ride

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Just some cheapo shorts from CRC or Endura ones that work with the Clickfast system?
Just some Leatt ones on special, no idea how they'll go but they looked minimal and black. If you want the click fast, just buy the Endura shorts with liner already in them. I've never liked attaching liners to shorts.