The QUICK question thread.....

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Looks like I've eliminated the rough noises from the BB! But I've introduced a weird zzzzzz noise in 8th gear, I'm going to ignore that for now..

moorey

call me Mia
Something about their cinch interface?
No, they’re just a crappy crank IMHO. All the aeffect stuff is shite (the dropper is a rebranded Trans/brandX with a doubled price tag. I like Bx/Tx, just not at silly prices). I’ve had 3 sets of the cranks that came on bikes. They were all a serious PITA to remove without the correct crank puller. (I have 2, neither suited). Shimano cranks just work. Nothing glamorous, just bombproof, idiot proof, and reliable.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
No, they’re just a crappy crank IMHO. All the aeffect stuff is shite (the dropper is a rebranded Trans/brandX with a doubled price tag. I like Bx/Tx, just not at silly prices). I’ve had 3 sets of the cranks that came on bikes. They were all a serious PITA to remove without the correct crank puller. (I have 2, neither suited). Shimano cranks just work. Nothing glamorous, just bombproof, idiot proof, and reliable.
Had a set that came on a bike... the crank puller thing was a bit shit but I modified an old crank bolt so I could use a standard crank puller and they've been fine. Would I buy new, probably not but I wouldn't upgrade for upgrades sake.

edit; @HamboCairns they're not self extracting = another tool to add to your list.