The QUICK question thread.....

ausdb

Being who he is
My sons been riding his bike a heap lately now we've moved closer to his school mates. I know the old reba's are way overdue for a service and noticed there's a bit of slop in the bushings. Can anyone tell me if these are the ones that you can tap down a little in the lowers to tighten them up?
Also I noticed he's lost the rebound adjuster, I know I can adjust them with an allen key but it would be nice to replace it. Is this a unicorn part?

Last edited:

safreek

OK guys, I got the spacer thingy to convert a gxp crank to fit a shimano bb. Where does it go. Straight into the bottom hole or cranks(i presume not) cheers

moorey

call me Mia
OK guys, I got the spacer thingy to convert a gxp crank to fit a shimano bb. Where does it go. Straight into the bottom hole or cranks(i presume not) cheers
The convertible ones I’ve had, the shim sat inside the BB to convert to GXP nds.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
^^ I use ye olde blue bear tape for any tubeless setup. More layers if you need it.

Anyone used invisiframe UK for decals or frame skins? Or know of a good local decal maker (looking for 240 EXP in different colour, maybe dpx2 shock)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Anyone used invisiframe UK for decals or frame skins? Or know of a good local decal maker (looking for 240 EXP in different colour, maybe dpx2 shock)
Invisiframe frame skins yes, they're quite good. Well cut with minimal gaps. Gloss ones seem marginally tougher than matt finish but show minor scratches/swirls more.

I've wondered about using similar (Mylar) material for rim-tape, but suspect it would be too thick (and be an absolute turd to remove!).

moorey

call me Mia
For rims that aren't designed to be tubeless. I can use the word 'hack' if you like..
Tape it up well, shouldn't be an issue with good sealant and TR tyres. Only asked, coz back in the day, true ghetto used an old tube, cut, and lining the rim. Some now call ghetto just cutting out a valve from a tube and using that, stuck in instead of a tubeless valve.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So...is there a little no of some sort between DHL and Australia Post? Chain reaction sent a parcel via DHL that I collected from the post office that had labels from both...