The QUICK question thread.....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Quick question:
If I’ve got a boost rear hub. Do I need a boost specific crank? I’m looking at a set with a 50.4mm chainline (whatever that means) and all these chainline/q-factor/spacing numbers have my head spinning.
If cranks clear the chainstay, it's only the chainring offset that needs to suit boost.

Fixed spider cranksets will need to be boost specific, DM cranksets will only need a 3mm OS chainring, AFAICT.

it's a nice bridge...

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Quick question:
If I’ve got a boost rear hub. Do I need a boost specific crank? I’m looking at a set with a 50.4mm chainline (whatever that means) and all these chainline/q-factor/spacing numbers have my head spinning.
It also depends on where you think your chain will live most of the time. For me it's the larger cogs on account of being crap and unfit so I don't have a boost chainring.

Am I right that Shimano make boost crank arms whereas most others just offset the chainring?

Minlak

custom titis
Does anyone use one of those portable massagers? Are they effective?

Are the eBay ones just as good as ones like Therabody?
Yes they work - They are not magic though you can’t do like most people and buy it then not use it regularly and complain it was a waste of money.
Cheap work exactly the same as the Theragun branded ones - The Theragun is just engineered/ designed / built for everyday use where the cheaper ones tend to break the housing and wear out quicker.