The QUICK question thread.....

Jpez

Down on the left!
If it is not firing just take it back. The staff will show you the kill switch location, start it up and you can be on your way...

Or it is fucked.
That’s my biggest fear. Being embarrassed by Bunnings numpties when they start it in two seconds flat.

In case I’ve flooded it I’ve left it overnight and gone back and had another go. Reprimed it, left it etc. flicked the on off switch both directions, same with choke, gave the throttle lever a squeeze when starting it, pulled the spark plug cap off 20 times, scratched my head in Homer style puzzlement, swore at it etc.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Take it back, go full Jason and get an electric one. Even if you managed to flood it the first time around it should kick, if there is nothing there is nothing. Did you locate the master switch?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shitballs. The ETA for my TRP DHRs getting pushed back. Thanks Commencal.

This is the last component of my Evil Following build, so I need to look at other options.

Choices seem very limited at the moment. I have found either 4 pot XTs or MT5s. Can anyone compare these brakes for me?

Also happy for pointers to other brake sets that are in stock and not shit. Thanks.
@j0w1s get yourself some Hayes hfx9. They have tones of grabbing power!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Shitballs. The ETA for my TRP DHRs getting pushed back. Thanks Commencal.

This is the last component of my Evil Following build, so I need to look at other options.

Choices seem very limited at the moment. I have found either 4 pot XTs or MT5s. Can anyone compare these brakes for me?

Also happy for pointers to other brake sets that are in stock and not shit. Thanks.
The Magura’s are a good brake. Powerful out the box and you can get a range of pads that improve power even more. Level has a light lever feel but there is a bit of dead stroke before they engage. Good modulation.

I ran the Trail combo for a few years the went Shigura with zee leavers. Removes the deadstroke and gives a nice lever feel.

j0w1s

Likes Dirt
The Magura’s are a good brake. Powerful out the box and you can get a range of pads that improve power even more. Level has a light lever feel but there is a bit of dead stroke before they engage. Good modulation.

I ran the Trail combo for a few years the went Shigura with zee leavers. Removes the deadstroke and gives a nice lever feel.
Thanks. I found some XTs in stock so I grabbed those. At this stage I just want to get riding.

Sidenote: super impressed with ‘George’s Bike Shop’ in WA. Non-extortionate pricing and pretty much instant dispatch (on a Saturday no less). It will be the first place I look for Shimano from now on.

George’s vs Pushys :oops:

safreek

Hey guys, is this a genuine jackal frame or some knockoff. Looks the same as gOoGle images but want to make sure. Looks remarkably small

ausdb

Being who he is
This is probably 50/50 should be in the stupid question thread. I'm looking at a 150mm Brand-X Ascend II external dropper for my hardtail. I should probably buy a 125mm but want to maximise the investment future bike flexibility. Has anyone had one of these apart and considered the feasibility of putting some little shims in like this for the PNW to limit the travel?

moorey

call me Mia

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
This is probably 50/50 should be in the stupid question thread. I'm looking at a 150mm Brand-X Ascend II external dropper for my hardtail. I should probably buy a 125mm but want to maximise the investment future bike flexibility. Has anyone had one of these apart and considered the feasibility of putting some little shims in like this for the PNW to limit the travel?
Yep, done it. Was very fiddly to get the shim placed nicely and even more fiddly to get it all back together. It seemed to work ok at first but definitely feels a bit sluggish to drop and return. The shim seems to be the cause of friction as once I removed it, it worked well again.

Edit: posted about it here

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
Yep, done it. Was very fiddly to get the shim placed nicely and even more fiddly to get it all back together. It seemed to work ok at first but definitely feels a bit sluggish to drop and return. The shim seems to be the cause of friction as once I removed it, it worked well again.

Edit: posted about it here
Thanks @Labcanary did you use the PNW shim or was it something home brewed? How long did it last for before it went to crap?