The QUICK question thread.....

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Thanks @Duckmeister. I'd have to agree, the x9 was not much either. could we forget the x5????
Those who don't encounter the stuff in the workshop could be blissfully unaware of the shitness that is x5 and below. It's hard to believe, but X4 and X3 are even worse; truly dreadful stuff. Fortunately they're rarely seen in the wild, partially due to low OEM uptake (because they're shit), and the rest because what did escape crapped itself and was replaced by something better, like Shimano Tourney.....

For anyone wondering how new relates to old SRAM, I did post this somewhere else a while ago:
XX/XX1 at leat remains consistent through 10, 11 & 12-sp; there was never 9-sp. XX
X0/X01 also remains somwhat consistent through 9-12-sp.
X9 applied to 9 & 10-sp, but with the advent of 11-sp. became X1. Go figure....
Similarly, X7 morphed into GX with 11-sp....
And X5 became NX. But is still really X5 and should really only be touched with a sledgehammer.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
For anyone wondering how new relates to old SRAM, I did post this somewhere else a while ago:
XX/XX1 at leat remains consistent through 10, 11 & 12-sp; there was never 9-sp. XX
X0/X01 also remains somwhat consistent through 9-12-sp.
X9 applied to 9 & 10-sp, but with the advent of 11-sp. became X1. Go figure....
Similarly, X7 morphed into GX with 11-sp....
And X5 became NX. But is still really X5 and should really only be touched with a sledgehammer.
That's extremely intuitive and not even a little bit confounding!

I took a while to get over "hone" and "LX" morphing into slx, if I was an SRAM guy I would have gone postal by now

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
If I'm cutting down a steerer tube is there an issue just hammering down the existing star nut with the installation tool?

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Getting ready to sell a bike. The brakes need bleeding badly but I don't own a bleed kit anymore. Is it a big no no to sell a bike without bleeding the brakes? I guess I can take it to the LBS if it's a no no.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Getting ready to sell a bike. The brakes need bleeding badly but I don't own a bleed kit anymore. Is it a big no no to sell a bike without bleeding the brakes? I guess I can take it to the LBS if it's a no no.
It's fine as long as the buyer knows it needs a bleed.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
What are cassette options (size) for an old X7 derailleur (non-clutch)? Is 11-36 the largest? Can I wolftooth a solution to go toward 40/42t?