The QUICK question thread.....

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I'm looking for a rear tyre in 29 for pedal up gravity riding. Currently have the assegai which looks like its more a front tyre to me. I'm usually all in for the minion life, but this big wheeler is going to be doing more pedalling than my other bikes.

I was looking at the schwalbe wicked will, but uncertain how that is going to corner or handle the chunder.
I'm running a High Roller on one set of wheels and that seems like a reasonable rear tyre.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I can't see myself buying anything other than Forekasters in the near future. Great for loose on hardpack, good mud shedding, roll pretty well and not too heavy.
They do seem to wear quick though.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Anyone used the Uberbike E-matrix pads?

They're saying they're the next step up from Race Matrix. I've stuck with what I know this time, but curious to see if they are all that.

Jpez

Down on the left!

They're saying they're the next step up from Race Matrix. I've stuck with what I know this time, but curious to see if they are all that.
Not Uberbike but I have tried Galfers. ‘Ebike’ pads are obviously designed to stand up to heavier braking and last longer so the compound seems to be harder, I found they don’t bite as nice as you’d like but still had bulk power, work best when warmed up and they are hella noisy until they are.
I imagine any Ebike pads would be made with similar properties.
I think putting them on an xc bike is overkill and you’ll probably like them less than your normal pads. But don’t let me get in the way of spending money!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Not Uberbike but I have tried Galfers. ‘Ebike’ pads are obviously designed to stand up to heavier braking and last longer so the compound seems to be harder, I found they don’t bite as nice as you’d like but still had bulk power, work best when warmed up and they are hella noisy until they are.
I imagine any Ebike pads would be made with similar properties.
I think putting them on an xc bike is overkill and you’ll probably like them less than your normal pads. But don’t let me get in the way of spending money!
Money is already spent! And there is no such thing as too much brake.

They "claim" they're better at everything. Mucketing maybe?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Money is already spent! And there is no such thing as too much brake.

They "claim" they're better at everything. Mucketing maybe?
I don’t think it’s about too much braking power it’s more about trade offs. It you want a pads that will pull up an Ebike and not wear out in a week there’s going to be trade offs. And I’m sure there’s some mucketing in that claim but let us know how you go!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

Yeah, I've used a few pairs. They seem a little less noisy than the race matrix, not any less power and get to temp slightly quicker.

I'm pretty sure they changed the formula for the race matrix a year or 2 ago. All the sets I've used since then have been noisy and don't seem to last as long. The pad surface looks different as well.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yeah, I've used a few pairs. They seem a little less noisy than the race matrix, not any less power and get to temp slightly quicker.

I'm pretty sure they changed the formula for the race matrix a year or 2 ago. All the sets I've used since then have been noisy and don't seem to last as long. The pad surface looks different as well.
That’s interesting. I’ve had three sets of race matrix over the years and they were all so noisy I had to take them off. So from your description the E pads are better overall ?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That’s interesting. I’ve had three sets of race matrix over the years and they were all so noisy I had to take them off. So from your description the E pads are better overall ?
That's weird. I'm the absolute worst use case for them and they have all been pretty quiet for me. Much quieter than the howling I tend to get from organic pads I look at.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not really anything new, but does anybody know if there is a company bringing out anything like this? An adaptor to turn your Makita battery into a dyson battery with an adaptor, went to order one at the local Uni 3d print space and thought surely someone must be doing this for E-Bikes?

**Dyson make some sick Ebikes

Where might one acquire such a device? I've got a dyson at work and the little battery...it can't always keep up.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Anyone know if a Magicshine 8.4v charger will work on a Cleanskin Duo 2200 battery? Or even better have a link to an AliExpress charger that will work?

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk