The riding thread.

zanecaldera

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone has a frame dirt cheap let me know, I would really appreciate it. contact me at brodiebutterfield_192@hotmail.com or 0488559092
*fixed*
Brodie's (Brozracing192) mobile number: 0488559092

Colony is at a huge loss imo, after dropping Richo and Liam.

Had a few really dope ride's lately, got footjam tooths second go on a sub-box. Also learnt hop tuck's off a 2ft'ish ledge into a bank. Aswell as a few other little trick's here and their. lovin' it

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
Recently:
I got a new helmet. Stoked
I did a hippy hop on a skateboard whilst ruined. Intense
Landed 1 feeble to hard 180. The rest hurt
Almost have nose manual to 180s off a ledge. Fuggin annoying
Almost landed whiplashes. As riding along standing on pegs and kicking bike around while nose manualing. Landed one foot on a couple of attempts. fucked.

birmY(>_<)

Likes Dirt
i got some stock kink cranks today, they are two piece, very nice, light as fuck
also, got our trails dialed, and more jumps to come

MICK...

Likes Dirt
If i were to raw my frame, what would be the best (paint stripper, sand paper & clear coat) be to come out with a finish like this?

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
No stripper?

Thanks
I hate using stripper because waiting for a few minutes after applying it drives me crazy.
I like the slightly polished look you get from the wire wheel also.
Using a wire wheel on a grinder creates a fair bit of mess though, so be warned.

Belle

Eats Squid
from bike guide.

What are some of your Guy's secret tips and tricks to miscellaneous bicycle maintenance?

One of mine...
After applying stripper to forks/ cranks /frame take a piece of nylon rope (of desired length) and wrap it around the tube twice (2times seems to be the best amount as it generates more surface area and friction than once, but doesn't bind as much as three x). Take the two ends of the rope and pull on one side at a time while simultaneously moving it towards areas with paint. This method (I call it the "Indian burn") strips frames with minimal effort in minimal time and is extremely simple. HOWEVER when using paint stripper of any kind you should wear gloves a long speed shirt and eyewear especially because indianburning seems to fling deathly paint goo everywhere.

Oh and I forgot that unlike sanding it leaves the heat marks from the weld areas!

Pics of my freshly stripped, but soon to be painted 5aday thanks to my Foley! Pics up in 5

cell phone shitty pic.... It looks shinier and less fucked up in person!

And whole frame took 15 minutes. + a little for some tricky weld areas.

From other users!
http://www.bikeguide.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196789&highlight=paint+stripper

Last edited:

zanecaldera

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's a nasty lookin' crash matt. Hurt much?

I had a stupid crash today, barspin to tap to barspin in, caught the barspin but flipped out onto my back. Tailbone + back Bruising&cuts suck!

Just two photo's from today,