The Single Speed Thread

danncam

Likes Dirt
thanks Ackland. I didnt mention it will be as part of the bike buller festival, but I think you remember that from the other thread.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
What are the climb stats?
I did capital punishment 34:17 last year going over majura and black mtn....
If he's fit and rides SS a lot then he could slow grind anything behind a train of others...
TBH though he's better off just riding his geared bike

danncam

Likes Dirt
This is what strava seems to say about stonefly. I've only ridden it once, and I was less fit than now and it was bitching hot, so it felt hard. It looks like a steady easy climb really.
The hardest bit might be that first short climb up from the bullet town square up the road past the Alberg hotel.

Capturestonefly.jpg

Ackland

chats d'élevage
This is what strava seems to say about stonefly. I've only ridden it once, and I was less fit than now and it was bitching hot, so it felt hard. It looks like a steady easy climb really.
The hardest bit might be that first short climb up from the bullet town square up the road past the Alberg hotel.
Your mate should be able to tell... but I'd try 34-17... especially on that Niner

this climb looks fun

https://app.strava.com/segments/6128047

Jetzki

Squid
First time on an SS rigid after finishing the budget build yesterday. Super low front end. 32x18.
ss+(2015-02-18+at+10.14.50).jpg
160mm rear rotor has been installed.

chrischris

Likes Dirt
So very keen. But not me.

I've briefly been to Japan a few years back - & I'm keen to head back there. Such a great country. And now SSWC too.

I'm looking forward to hearing the stories/reading the write ups. I'm certain that Japan will put on a very different event to Alaska.

me steed KTM

finished a few months back.
Have since changed the tensioner for a push up type, and gearing to 34/19 from 34/20.. S
Still farting around with trying to get it to run without tensioner.

Loving the freedom to just pedal and roll!

Attachments

camoshop

Banned
finished a few months back.
Have since changed the tensioner for a push up type, and gearing to 34/19 from 34/20.. S
Still farting around with trying to get it to run without tensioner.

Loving the freedom to just pedal and roll!
Nice mate, I've ised both kind of tensioners, they were okay.. Finally found the magic gear with 34:18 was pretty happy with that.

Welcome to RB