The Snow Thread

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
oh man yesterday i realized how much of a colossal tit i have been. on the back of my stomp pad it has a plastic circle almost the size of the stomp pad. i read the instructions on the back of the package and they simply said heat up pad and board place pad on board and press firmly then leave for 24 hours. for some reason i taught that the plastic circle was what stuck it to the board. still cant get over it, its taken me four gos to realize my error.

hahahaha wait a second, you didnt take the adhesive backing cover/thingy off? hahaha

this made my day.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
...and it still stuck without the adhesive touching the board? hehehe pretty funny, people would be lol'ing behind your back at the mountain.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
...and it still stuck without the adhesive touching the board? hehehe pretty funny, people would be lol'ing behind your back at the mountain.
well after like the 2nd or 3rd time of it not sticking i had the hair dryer on each pad for a good 20 min so the plastic probably did melt and stuck it to the board just not very well.

pocket_cup

Likes Dirt

just bought one of these, arrived today, and it looks a bit big, it fits well, but i feel a bit like im wearing a US marine helmet. anyone else notice this? i guess ill have to try it with my goggles, it might look smaller in proportion to my jacket and goggles.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should I be getting another waxing done before the start of this season, despite having been waxed from the factory? I'm getting a lot of guys telling me very different things, anyone clear it up?

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Do it yourself man, so easy, I'm a total noob and I waxed my mates new board, came up awesome, do it often too, every 3 days of riding at least, I know I'm gonna do my new board after everyday of riding. It's worth waxing again over the factory wax as well, just so you know it's all good and you can use a wax suited to the temperatures you'll be riding in.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
it all depends on the snow, just for the sake of it, if im doing day trips, ill wax my board every trip, takes me about 5 minutes to wax a board, no reason not to do it really!

if im up for the week, ill wax it 2-3 times, depends on teh snow, look at the bottom, with your nails do light circles, if it leaves a really fine mark its waxed enough.. nothing re wax it.

always go over factory wax! their wax sucks!

on the othe rhand, my mates who spent season in japan waxed their boards twice and they rode everysingle day of the season.. snow was so dry, didnt need wax... i think thats the theory.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any particular things I should look out for? Or is it the same/easy enough as a waxing a surfboard?

charisma

Cannon Fodder

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
thursday was epic day. had first runs on zalis and excelerator after 36cm fall, was so good. soft dry and deep. pity its the middle of july already though... also got stuck at ridge chair for a good hour but got a $20 gift voucher for my troubles.

i love when my days off get powder days :D

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
Going down next weekend, so unbelievably keen for a ride. At last, the snow is starting to get a proper fall. Keep On Coming!

dog boy

Likes Dirt
thursday was epic day. had first runs on zalis and excelerator after 36cm fall, was so good. soft dry and deep. pity its the middle of july already though... also got stuck at ridge chair for a good hour but got a $20 gift voucher for my troubles.

i love when my days off get powder days :D
too bad the powder was 3 days too late for me i turned up sunday, at least i still had 2 days (thurs and friday) to enjoy it. What was with all the chairs breaking down, the triple on perisher was chucking out black smoke and stopped for like an hour and even the V8 went down.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
The lifts have been ducked this year. I'm just glad that I don't have to pay 120 to ride broken chairlifts. Damn liftys heh. Where did u stay when u were down?

Battler

Likes Dirt
Anyone aware of some cheap accomadation for 2 people for 4 nights in Jindy or Thredbo, booking's are chockas. Working on a budget as well.