The stupid questions thread.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could it be sweat related?
Starting to think this could be it, while I'm not exactly a copious sweater either.... Always had sensitive skin in general but the location now has only emerged in the past year or so. SV, got any natural remedies for me? :)

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Starting to think this could be it, while I'm not exactly a copious sweater either.... Always had sensitive skin in general but the location now has only emerged in the past year or so. SV, got any natural remedies for me? :)
It could be candida, if you're working with beer. I'd be taking off all the jewlry at work in any case and you could try lavender oil. More later, off to the track :)

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do work with LOTS of beer, but have had it tested for fungus which came back negative :( guess this one remains unknown for now!

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I do work with LOTS of beer, but have had it tested for fungus which came back negative :( guess this one remains unknown for now!
could be a lot of things, including the metal the drip trays are made of or even the cleaning products they use on the bar or even the dyes used to colour your bracelets. i'd be leaving the bracelets etc at home, they'll only keep the moisture on your skin where you'd eventually get a reaction even if it was plain water. i wear a wide engagement ring and have to dry under it or i get a soggy dermatitis-like condition on that finger.

pure lavender essential oil is usually used for skin conditions that are fungal or rashy. a beeswax based cream could work as a barrier but you'd still be stopping the skin from breathing. could you loop a microfibre cloth onto your belt and dry your hands as needed?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
So Melbournes new-fangled Protective Services Officers (also known as CHIMPS - as in Cant Help In Most Police Situations) have nabbed 1400 people on the trains since being introduced at every metro train station last year and according to this article, most have been charged with being drunk: In fact Assistant Police Chief Chris O'Neill has stated "If you're drunk on public transport, you will be arrested"

So how else are people meant to get home from a night out then?

Drive?

Plow King

Little bit.
So Melbournes new-fangled Protective Services Officers (also known as CHIMPS - as in Cant Help In Most Police Situations) have nabbed 1400 people on the trains since being introduced at every metro train station last year and according to this article, most have been charged with being drunk: In fact Assistant Police Chief Chris O'Neill has stated "If you're drunk on public transport, you will be arrested"

So how else are people meant to get home from a night out then?

Drive?
If the trailer to flight 41 has taight me anything. It's that drunks can operate 747s much better than sober men.

Perhaps commercial aviation provides the answer

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
could be a lot of things, including the metal the drip trays are made of or even the cleaning products they use on the bar or even the dyes used to colour your bracelets. i'd be leaving the bracelets etc at home, they'll only keep the moisture on your skin where you'd eventually get a reaction even if it was plain water. i wear a wide engagement ring and have to dry under it or i get a soggy dermatitis-like condition on that finger.

pure lavender essential oil is usually used for skin conditions that are fungal or rashy. a beeswax based cream could work as a barrier but you'd still be stopping the skin from breathing. could you loop a microfibre cloth onto your belt and dry your hands as needed?
Might have to grab some lavender oil I guess, only have peppermint at home andI don't thin that will help ;)

I am absolutely attached at an unhealthy level to my bar towel (fresh one everyday). Doesn't stop people trying of course, I once refused to give it to a manager and got screamed at mid-service.... story for another time. I have one looped through my shorts and refuse to give it up to anyone, I dry my hands every 5min at least- but then of course the towel doesn't stay dry long....

Actually; it's just occurred to me that maybe it's the roughness of the towel or the powder they might use for them? Being a hotel it's all very high volume laundry, they must use brutal stuff to get those towels clean every night!