The stupid questions thread.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Can someone settle an ongoing debate my wife and I are having?
I think that hair does not grow faster when it is trimmed because hair is dead, and it doesn't know that it's been cut.
She thinks that hair grows faster if it gets cut regularly.
Googleing has mixed responses.
I was always taught that your hair grows better when cut because the split ends are removed. Split ends allow the hair shaft to break along its length making it shorter, frizzier and, to use an industry term, "flyaway."

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why do so many women on dating websites stipulate that they have 'ecclectic and diverse tastes in music' but add the disclaimer that they do not like any form of metal?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
As a job search trainer, my simplest advice is know the role and business you are applying for, establish exactly what they want from you (should be part of the ad or position description), and tell them how you are going to do what they want. (Either based on experience doing it in the past, or showing that you understand the role and are willing to learn whatever is required)
If you're well presented, confident (without being cocky) and communicate that you're willing to learn, work hard and be a team player, telling them what they want to hear is essential.
Dont forget to cover everything they ask for on the job description or other requirements. Tick all the boxes and you're half way home.
Also, in your case, Vi, mention that you give a mean hair wank. :lol:
now, now, moorey, that's not exactly a skill for the job market!! :tape:

i do all of the above - research the company, tweak my resume and cover letters to suit, dress according to the culture of the workplace (or at least how i perceive it to be) and always try to be humble and not over-eager.

in one group interview i attended recently i was the only applicant out of ten there that had actually researched the company and had a background in the health field....tho correcting the trainer on what was actually written on their website probably wasn't a great idea.

i have diverse skills ranging from reception to personal care, massage therapy to welfare, gardening to home improvement, car-building to falling off pushbikes :lol: and i'm currently studying, this would make seven years out of the last 12 spent in college or uni of some sort. i have no kids at home, i'm a non-smoker and i'm fit. i like to work independently within my job description, in short, i should be an absolutely brilliant employee!

still, i'm open to any advice :cell:

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
humble does not work when your selling yourself. flip the situation, you have a group of interviewees. who would you pick, the person who stands out the most. who pops, knows their stuff and is eger to work there. an interview just means you met the requirements of the job nohing more. everything else your doing is correct for getting a job.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Shredden

Knows his goats
What is the best online motocross parts sales website? Bike Bandit seems good, but for a $250 order with not a whole lot of weight to it, I would be paying $50 tax and $80 shipping, so barely worth it. I need a whole range of stuff, radiator scoops, side panels, carby vent hoses, gripper seat cover and the like.

Dru-rides

Likes Dirt
Radiator scoops?

Dont even bother with gripper seat covers there a pain, get a normal one for half the price

Get plastics off eBay

Shredden

Knows his goats
Radiator scoops?

Dont even bother with gripper seat covers there a pain, get a normal one for half the price

Get plastics off eBay
1. Yeh thats what bike bandit call them, i guess they are technically radiator shrouds.

2. I liked my gripper cover, until it tore :(

3. I wanna try and get it all in one order, and ebay dont really have the range of some others.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1. Yeh thats what bike bandit call them, i guess they are technically radiator shrouds.

2. I liked my gripper cover, until it tore :(

3. I wanna try and get it all in one order, and ebay dont really have the range of some others.
You are joking right? If you can't find nearly any pastic kit for any dirt bike on ebay for less than $250 you are not looking hard enough.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why can I not pin down a cause for a dematitis type reaction on my inside wrists/hands?! I wore a watch for 6mths then all of a sudden became bloody allergic after the same thing happened for my bracelets and ring. Super frustrating.

I also work in a bar so hands are constantly wet with alcohol/water which doesn't help. I assumed these might have been caught in my woven bracelets causing the reaction, but my watch is has a rubber type band, not a permeable leather one. HELP?

Why can I not pin down a cause for a dematitis type reaction on my inside wrists/hands?! I wore a watch for 6mths then all of a sudden became bloody allergic after the same thing happened for my bracelets and ring. Super frustrating.

I also work in a bar so hands are constantly wet with alcohol/water which doesn't help. I assumed these might have been caught in my woven bracelets causing the reaction, but my watch is has a rubber type band, not a permeable leather one. HELP?
Do any of them have nickel in them? It tends to cause reactions with skin.