The stupid questions thread.

Shredden

Knows his goats
12 problems:

So basically, I suck at maths (average mark is a B or so). Got pressured into doing methods by parents because lots of unis require it. But I am dying and am going to drop it mid year.

My question is, say I drop out of Methods and do Further, get an ATAR good enough to get into a decent uni course, but they require methods... Can I do Methods after Year 12 somewhere?

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
12 problems:

So basically, I suck at maths (average mark is a B or so). Got pressured into doing methods by parents because lots of unis require it. But I am dying and am going to drop it mid year.

My question is, say I drop out of Methods and do Further, get an ATAR good enough to get into a decent uni course, but they require methods... Can I do Methods after Year 12 somewhere?
Stupid question but what is methods?

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
So assume you are doing MathB and or MathC? and want to drop back to Math A? I done this also. Probably better to do well at Math A then fail the others. But getting an average B is doing well.
Ahh whoops thats in QLD.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
somebody please tell me that real estate agents aren't all brain dead. seriously, folks, if you're trying to sell a house wouldn't it make sense to ROTATE the photos before posting them? or have more than one? or include a floor plan? show off the best features of a place rather than the worst ie have the tenants/vendor clean the toilet before you take photos of the bathroom?

seriously, i think there is a gap in the market for real estate photographers with a bit of common sense. and it's about time i advertised my services.

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha SV the sinple answer is yes. They have created a market where they do nothing and make complex (along with the government) a process that should be very simple. You find theae brain dead people drift towards these sort of roles because they dont have to do anything.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

wembas

Likes Dirt
I place real estate agents on the same scale as Recruitment Consultants.... Oxygen Thieves !

you'd be surprised about real estate photography as well... its quite a little niche market that seems to be wrapped up by a small number of operators who all have cosy deals in place with the oxygen thieves.

moorey

call me Mia
somebody please tell me that real estate agents aren't all brain dead. seriously, folks, if you're trying to sell a house wouldn't it make sense to ROTATE the photos before posting them? or have more than one? or include a floor plan? show off the best features of a place rather than the worst ie have the tenants/vendor clean the toilet before you take photos of the bathroom?

seriously, i think there is a gap in the market for real estate photographers with a bit of common sense. and it's about time i advertised my services.
On the contrary, Vi. I haven't seen a house that lived up to the pics. Wide angle lenses making 3x3 bedrooms, tiny living rooms and garages looking huge.
Id like one to take realistic pics, even of not of your scorched toilet bowl.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
I place real estate agents on the same scale as Recruitment Consultants.... Oxygen Thieves !
i'll wholeheartedly agree there. my recruitment consultant has yet to offer me an interview after a year and has taken credit for the ones i've got myself.

On the contrary, Vi. I haven't seen a house that lived up to the pics. Wide angle lenses making 3x3 bedrooms, tiny living rooms and garages looking huge.
Id like one to take realistic pics, even of not of your scorched toilet bowl.
this is why we need floor plans. with measurements.

one place i looked at recently had no resemblance at all to the fireplaces, doorways and gates depicted on the floor plan. they were most insulted and quite rude when i politely (albeit stiffly) corrected them.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Having recently gone through the process of renting a new place interstate, I found the houses were seldom as good as the pics. Floor plans were not shown for any of the houses I looked at. Criminal assault was nearly perpetrated on some of the lying venal scum I was forced to deal with.
It all came out in the wash and we found a decent place with lots of bike storage, in a nice street and RE agents who appear not to be the living embodiment of the Dark Lord. I should change my location some time.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Having recently gone through the process of renting a new place interstate, I found the houses were seldom as good as the pics. Floor plans were not shown for any of the houses I looked at. Criminal assault was nearly perpetrated on some of the lying venal scum I was forced to deal with.
It all came out in the wash and we found a decent place with lots of bike storage, in a nice street and RE agents who appear not to be the living embodiment of the Dark Lord. I should change my location some time.
Yeah, but renting's different. When demand far exceeds supply, the ones supplying don't even have to pretend to give a fuck.

indica

Serial flasher
I met a genuinely nice agent here. Told me no lies at all. Seriously we would drive past a house "That's mine, full of white ants..." or "mine, shitty house" eventually we low balled the one we are in and got it.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
We ended up with a house from a dedicated rental agency who treated us like humans rather than vermin. It's definitely a supply and demand situation. One house we wanted to look through, they wouldn't give us the complete address, let alone let us look at it without a complete rental application including typed references from pillars of society. Needless to say we skipped that one.

bj4x4

Likes Dirt
I've had a roll of dry az a bone material lying around for ages now ... any idea on what i can make with it ( bike related)?

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Need advice from someone hopefully with a knowledge of police procedures in QLD.... long story short my car was towed and fined twice for apparently blocking a construction access gate,on a private road. However, there was and still is no signage that it was a gate, or a tow away zone.

Did they unlawfully tow my car? It having not been signed as a tow away, clearway or even limited parking area?

Are they able to fine me also? The fine times are recorded as AFTER my car was towed also, so are these valid?

And lastly, what's the process I'd have to pursue to get these refunded.

I went back to where it was towed from today ( a place I've parked for work for the past 4mths and no one yet has been fined OR towed) and there was a single construction vehicle on the street parked on the yellow line, the wrong way up the street (what I was fined for). This particular place is the only place we have left to park for work since the GCCCfuckupGoldLinq light rail started. And as a fulltime student, I was not anticipating $400 worth of fines today.