The stupid questions thread.

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, I’m not a fox guy, so I have a stupid fox q........
Looking at some older 36’s (2010). They are 160mm floats, they can’t go to 180 can they? They don’t have the lowers that extend below the axle. Is it just the 180’s that do that?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looking at some older 36’s (2010). They are 160mm floats, they can’t go to 180 can they? They don’t have the lowers that extend below the axle. Is it just the 180’s that do that?
I've had a few sets of fox 36s, including a few floats. I am pretty sure you are correct, the 160 can't be extended. The lowers end much closer to the axle than on the 180mm versions. They can all be slammed to some degree though so if you can get the bigger ones.

Assuming this is for your heir, in that era of fork the fox were miles ahead of the competition for weight. Marzocchi were smooth but huge weight penalty, similar for rockshox.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had a few sets of fox 36s, including a few floats. I am pretty sure you are correct, the 160 can't be extended. The lowers end much closer to the axle than on the 180mm versions. They can all be slammed to some degree though so if you can get the bigger ones.

Assuming this is for your heir, in that era of fork the fox were miles ahead of the competition for weight. Marzocchi were smooth but huge weight penalty, similar for rockshox.
Quoted for Moorey...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
If it is the Float RC2's on FB, just get them and live happily ever after. What is 20mm between friends?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What do burners associate with the term "douche canoe" please.
It is about being so obnoxiously irritating but completely self indulgent that you don't realise your are paddling a canoe around navigating your own douche. When the douche level is so high, it's like a flood.

Reminds me firstly of Moorey who liked to use the term alot & secondly of financial war who I think carried 9L tubs of jizz in his canoe.

And also this thread.

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-colourful-phrase-dictionary.288119/
What a great have dig! I'd forgotten about that thread.

They are. For a 170mm bike that doesn’t need steepening in the HA.
The 180mm floats are a lot taller than the 160mm. From memory they were taller than the totems, lyrics (which were pretty much the same height), and 66s that I've had. They also ran a large amount of lower leg below the front axle.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Thanks.

My imagination had turned it into this:

Like a fractal, you can zoom in forever and there is another level of repetition.

A canoe riding on douche water in a dimensionally infinite piece of female anatomy, that canoe then had another body of douche water in it, with another canoe riding on it, repeated forever.

Basically it's saying "you're a chunt with infinite dimensions"

A friend was calling her ex husband a douche canoe and I was trying to explain what I thought the term meant to me. Seems I'm being too harsh?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
You went real deep into the douche canoe there man, real deep.

From urban dictionary, source of all information

It's a lightweight craft used by douches to move around on the figurative conversational currents to spread their message of doucheness to new individuals who were blissfully unaware of their existence. It also has cupholders, which is the only redeeming quality of the douchecanoe.
"Wow, did you hear what Jim had to say at the party last night?"
"Yeah, he came from nowhere on his douchecanoe and made everyone feel uncomfortable."

It makes me happy my name is used in the context quote. Fuckin jim

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
My Minion SS bleeds Stans like it's got ebola. Fcuked if I know why.

But it stays up long enough for me to ride it so I CBFd.

Z

Zaf

My Minion SS bleeds Stans like it's got ebola. Fcuked if I know why.

But it stays up long enough for me to ride it so I CBFd.
It's got a hole in it.

But on a similar(ish) note, I mounted the Continental tyres to my new wheels in prep for the frame coming (no sealant yet). I re-applied rim tape three times on the rear rim, when they didn't stay inflated, before realising that the sidewalls bleed air on the Continental ProTection series. They don't have a butyl liner, just a tubeless bead, painted them down with soapy water to find out what was going on and just bubbles ERRYWHERE.

But you Minion just has a hole in it. Or your rimtape. In any case, really soapy water and a dustpan brush is a great diagnostic tool.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's got a hole in it.

But on a similar(ish) note, I mounted the Continental tyres to my new wheels in prep for the frame coming (no sealant yet). I re-applied rim tape three times on the rear rim, when they didn't stay inflated, before realising that the sidewalls bleed air on the Continental ProTection series. They don't have a butyl liner, just a tubeless bead, painted them down with soapy water to find out what was going on and just bubbles ERRYWHERE.

But you Minion just has a hole in it. Or your rimtape. In any case, really soapy water and a dustpan brush is a great diagnostic tool.
After a few months they become porous, I've got a minion ss that's weeping on the side walls. It seems to happen with maxxis more often after the second top up with tyre sealant.