The stupid questions thread.

Z

Zaf

After a few months they become porous, I've got a minion ss that's weeping on the side walls. It seems to happen with maxxis more often after the second top up with tyre sealant.
Yeah. I've seen my DHF's do that, but I never seem to lose pressure from it, just get muddy looking sidewalls.
Bummer! Dat rolling resistance tho!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah. I've seen my DHF's do that, but I never seem to lose pressure from it, just get muddy looking sidewalls.
Bummer! Dat rolling resistance tho!
I've just bought an Onza canis and Victtoria Goma for the xc bike, interesting to see how they'll go with sealant leaks. I had the same thing with schwalbe sweating from the side walls as well. Funny thing is I have an x-king 2.4 on the front that came with the bike that hasn't sweated yet and tread seems to be lasting on it.

That’s exactly my scenario!!!
I've tried different sealants as well, maybe as the tyres get old they stretch and develop leaks or the casings get damaged from bottoming out on the rims..

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Good lord, will this tubeless madness never end !!!

Now I'm using the wrong sealant? I only just got them both up and running !!!!
Don't worry, it goes with the rest of the patina of mountain biking, that it sucks all your spare cash out of your pockets.

It's still better than needing to stop and change tubes from pinch flats.

safreek

Not really a stupid question but, any one had doggy dentistry done ?
My little pound puppy needs a couple fangs pulled and would like to know what others may have payed before hunting quotes. Cheers