The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Anyone tried the CRC code, SALE2018. Doesn't seem to work for me. $155 with code typed in $155, not much of a $20 discount. Bastards. Who knows, it may work in a week when I will be ordering
Its only on items specific to the sale. It's a bullshit code. There is a bit of batching and moaning about it in the discount code thread.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I struggle to see how you guys run such high speeds peddaling. A Maxxis 26x2.35 tyre has a contact roll of 2.05m and a 27.5x2.4 2.19m. With weight on board these will be less depending on tyre pressure. At 120 cadence and 32/11 the 26" tyre is doing a maximum of 43kph and the 27.5 46kph.
Not hard at all for short period bursts, when I ran a cadence sensor it went over 135

This is on a 26" bike 32 x 11
spin.jpg

26 inch.jpg

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
That's probably a good gauge of what you're going to like.

I run a 48t on my 26" commuter with slicks and down hill it runs out at about 88Kms. I know I can get over 50ks with the 32 x 11 because I see it on my strava downloads all the time.
30 X 11 gets me to 55kph and then I can't possibly spin any faster or be bothered as I'm rolling downhill anyway.

At that speed on a rough firetrail things can be a little sketchy but fun!

Switch

huskier headed gent
Am I going to notice the difference changing from a stock Fox RP23 on a Santa Cruz Nomad V2 to a used Cane Creek Double Barrel CS Air Shock (2013)? Is it an upgrade or am just buying the Cane Creek Koolaid?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Dont listen to this guy^^ jumps on every trend out, even if it doesn’t work. Just HAS to have the latest and greatest.

moorey

call me Mia
Dont listen to this guy^^ jumps on every trend out, even if it doesn’t work. Just HAS to have the latest and greatest.
Got me.
Keep the rp23. Doesn’t blow through travel it you want nice initial feel, or feel harsh if you want it to not bottom out.
I’m just trying to stay relevant :oops:

Switch

huskier headed gent
All right looks like I should take the plunge, next question will I need new mounting hardware as well or will the existing kit be compatible?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
All right looks like I should take the plunge, next question will I need new mounting hardware as well or will the existing kit be compatible?
Existing should be ok, but the bushing may be stuffed if it hasn't been changed in a while, but they are cheap and can be changed in 5 mins.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Switch

huskier headed gent
Thanks guys, in between all the bullshit you guys really are helpful. Plus the bullshit can be funny as hell at times.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
In my defense:
A: it’s a modern 26” frame. Semantics, sellout.
B: I actually bought it for a mate, who pulled out.he fucked up. Great bike.
C: Lick my love pump.okay, but I’ll have you know they called me the cheesegrater in college. Enter at own risk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Am I going to notice the difference changing from a stock Fox RP23 on a Santa Cruz Nomad V2 to a used Cane Creek Double Barrel CS Air Shock (2013)? Is it an upgrade or am just buying the Cane Creek Koolaid?
As the resident nomad fan boi...yes, yes you will. The RP23 performs a basic in-out action. I've had them a few times and for my purpose (mostly jumps and hard pack free ride trails) they worked just fine. The Cane Creek however...oh my. So much tune power!!! I've only.used the Cane Creek Double Barrel air on dh bikes but fucking loved the feel of them whether I was chunderring through rock gardens or sending it. One my first nomad I ran a fox dhx 5 air which gave me plenty of bike boners! There are other great shock options you could run that will also give you a boner; like monarchs, jade, float-x, almost anything. I'd pick the shock that best aligns with the style of riding you are doing.

Edit - didn't Cane Creek change their eyelet size somewhere along the way?