The stupid questions thread.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Does anyone else think that in Robin Thicke's "when I get you alone" music film clip, his front forks are too soft for street use?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Today I fueled up the wife's 4wd. It took just over $200 worth of diesel. Do I have fly buys etc? No. Do you want to buy any two drinks / chocolates? No. Well as you have bought over $200 worth of fuel you can take these two chocolates and get a discount of $10. Huh? So fuel now cost $196 and I walked out with two mega mars bars. How the fuck does that work?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Today I fueled up the wife's 4wd. It took just over $200 worth of diesel. Do I have fly buys etc? No. Do you want to buy any two drinks / chocolates? No. Well as you have bought over $200 worth of fuel you can take these two chocolates and get a discount of $10. Huh? So fuel now cost $196 and I walked out with two mega mars bars. How the fuck does that work?
its a new scheme to get you fat hence use more fuel, they always win even if you walk out with 2 choccy bars.

indica

Serial flasher
Someone on triple j just said gender is a social construct. Bollocks. It's fact.
Man has dick. Women has vagina. Those two things lead to babies.
It's a biological thing.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
It's a crutch for people who can't develop personality through the usual methods of social friction; so have instead began a race to the bottom on producing a victim class and status that they can easily label themselves with.

Annoyingly, the visible portion of the community is generally the most obnoxious part of it (much like the vegans). It's the people who have formed their entire identity around this ONE thing that take the limelight, rather than the people who have other interests, hobbies, motivations and just have it as "something they are/do" to the list that you'll see. And in broad strokes, they're fucking insufferable.
Nailed it.

Reactions: Zaf

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Everyone should have the basic right to identity - gender is part of that. If you find it obnoxious or insufferable (perhaps threatening?), or as a platform for victimhood, then I think you're forgetting what your own identity (gender and beyond!) means to you and what it would be like to have that questioned or discriminated against.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
One dimensional people of any sort are difficult to cope with especially if they have no sense of humour.
This includes vegans, Christians , rightwing shockers eg A Bolt B Bishop , Sky News , AFL footballers and their fans ,hypochondriacs , gluten sufferers, drug dependent people and those who see themselves as continually oppressed.
I say this because I know a few and they are BORING . OBSESSED and its so PREDICTABLE what they will talk about.

safreek

One dimensional people of any sort are difficult to cope with especially if they have no sense of humour.
This includes vegans, Christians , rightwing shockers eg A Bolt B Bishop , Sky News , AFL footballers and their fans ,hypochondriacs , gluten sufferers, drug dependent people and those who see themselves as continually oppressed.
I say this because I know a few and they are BORING . OBSESSED and its so PREDICTABLE what they will talk about.
Drop those people like a turd, real quick