The stupid questions thread.

jayjay3032

Likes Bikes
I made it. I'm almighty unpopular and spent 20 mins talking to a bum about his digital radio ( wtf?) but I'm safe and in one peice. Also got an invite to ride lysty tomorrow but we'll see how popular I am tomorrow morning... Don't like my chances

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I made it. I'm almighty unpopular and spent 20 mins talking to a bum about his digital radio ( wtf?) but I'm safe and in one peice. Also got an invite to ride lysty tomorrow but we'll see how popular I am tomorrow morning... Don't like my chances
Good on you, I ride home totally pissed sometimes and figure that I'm a good enough rider to make it safe enough. I'd never drink and drive, but I figure that riding pissed you're only gonna hurt yourself (anticipates an onslaught of contrary opinions). I'm heading to Listy tomorrow, I'll give you a sympathetic nod on the way past!

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Sectioned gear cabler...Grrrrr!!!
Is there anything other than a drillbit stopping me from drilling out the cable guides on my older bikes, and running full length outers? Sick of the limited lifespan on this stuff, especially where it runs on my older Epic. Its a magnet for water, mud and gunk contaminating the cables. Anyone else done this, of alternatively, Just ran the full length outers NOT through the guides, and Zippy tied the cables to the frame instead?
What brand of bike have you got? Some brands will void your warranty for doing so. Ofcourse, if its second hand, drill away.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Riding home stoned* at night through quiet residential streets is an interesting experience.

* Don't do drugs, kids!

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Am I likely to cause my wrists muscular/skeletal damage from hitting a punching bag if I haven't done it in a long time? i.e. should I ease back into it to strengthen them, or will I be able to feel if I'm causing damage?

rone

Eats Squid
Sectioned gear cabler...Grrrrr!!!
Is there anything other than a drillbit stopping me from drilling out the cable guides on my older bikes, and running full length outers? Sick of the limited lifespan on this stuff, especially where it runs on my older Epic. Its a magnet for water, mud and gunk contaminating the cables. Anyone else done this, of alternatively, Just ran the full length outers NOT through the guides, and Zippy tied the cables to the frame instead?
You need these:

http://problemsolversbike.com/products/hydraulic_brake_hose_guides/

Technically for brake, but no reason why they shouldn't work with gear cables. Look neat and work great. I've got some somewhere....

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where can I get one of these:
Blink-182-Good-Girls-Like-To-Sin-15-1-big-1-www-moshshop-kingeshop-com.jpg

In a small or xs, that will ship to australia? If successful, it will be my new avatar haha :D

Bermshot

Banned
Am I likely to cause my wrists muscular/skeletal damage from hitting a punching bag if I haven't done it in a long time? i.e. should I ease back into it to strengthen them, or will I be able to feel if I'm causing damage?
You could try filling the bag fully with straw, plenty of give so no chance battering your joints + the bag will obviously move more like a human would, so you can work on angles and more appropriate foot work.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Whats the song that goes "born in the gheetttooo" (sung by a chick) and the rest is sung by a guy. It isnt the one by elvis either.

Maybe someone might know, not a good description I know.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Wear hand wraps. If your wrists and hands are wrapped up nice and tight you can wallop the bag all you want whatever your level although gloves are a good idea as you can put a lot more power into your punches.

There are usually instructions on the packet on good wrapping technique or you could probably look online. The important thing is to make sure that your wrist is secure as possible as a sprained wrist is your most likely hand injury when doing bag work.

Once you've got that sorted, you can then move on to large hanging racks of meat...

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Whats the song that goes "born in the gheetttooo" (sung by a chick) and the rest is sung by a guy. It isnt the one by elvis either.

Maybe someone might know, not a good description I know.
Ghostface killah mayhap?

[video=youtube;dddkwSuPQDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddkwSuPQDs[/video]