The stupid questions thread.

Bermshot

Banned
A 27.5 sticky thread, or it's own. If I have missed it I apologise as its surely here.

Just a suggestion before it starts to clog. (Pre empt)

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
Is Barack Obama really religious, or does he just pretend to be beause a non-beleiver could never get voted in in the US where 80% of the population is religious?

He seems too smart to actually beleive in god.

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is Barack Obama really religious, or does he just pretend to be beause a non-beleiver could never get voted in in the US where 80% of the population is religious?
It probably wouldn't matter considering how flawed there voting system is. From what I understand the president is chosen by a select group of people, not the actual population.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

While it's true that it's practically impossible to get elected to any kind of office more powerful than dog-catcher in the US if you're not bleating about God and Jesus 24/7, there are actually some highly intelligent people who have various forms of religious belief.

On the other hand, the people in the US who claim that Obama "isn't really a Christian" because his policies and beliefs don't reflect their own twisted interpretation of that book they love beating others over the head with (or worse, the ones who think he's a 'Secret Muslim'), tend to be complete fucking idiots. So you might want to think about which side you're aligning yourself with here.

Last edited:

Matt H

Eats Squid
It probably wouldn't matter considering how flawed there voting system is. From what I understand the president is chosen by a select group of people, not the actual population.
Well yes and no. http://www.howstuffworks.com/electoral-college.htm

The intuition behind it is that is that it compensates for densely or sparsely populated areas.

Yup, that's where they get some of their operating budget from.
That really rustles my jimmies. Although in relatively low interest rate times like this it doesn't make a huge difference, but in the early 90s (based on my rent) that would be ~$100 in interest revenue lost. That's two cartons of decent beer.

Last edited:

Bermshot

Banned

I thought he was a complete Marxsist devotee, AKA Barry Soetero

LOL!

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To summon Batman, The Commisioner would activate the Bat Searchlight that would cast the Bat Signal onto the night sky and Batman would respond.
Q. How did they summons the Dynamic Duo during daylight?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
To summon Batman, The Commisioner would activate the Bat Searchlight that would cast the Bat Signal onto the night sky and Batman would respond.
Q. How did they summons the Dynamic Duo during daylight?
Batman doesn't come out during the day, as a rule.

Or, he uses the Bat-hotline.

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
I bought myself a gopro yesterday and am going to be heading to Japan on friday so going to take advantage of the TRS and claim back the GST!

Just wondering, says the product doesn't need to be in its packaging to claim, but do I need to have all the packaging and what not with me? Or will it be fine to just show up with the camera.

Cheers!

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You need to take a tax invoice with you. We tried to claim our SLR back GST free, but they couldn't do it at the airport since we needed a proper tax invoice that JB hifi didn't provide, we only took a simple docket receipt.

Contacted JB who sent a proper invoice and then we sent the paperwork away to Canberra I think. Finally got a cheque in the mail for the GST a month later .

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I bought myself a gopro yesterday and am going to be heading to Japan on friday so going to take advantage of the TRS and claim back the GST!

Just wondering, says the product doesn't need to be in its packaging to claim, but do I need to have all the packaging and what not with me? Or will it be fine to just show up with the camera.

Cheers!
Nah, you should be right with the camera and the housing. I took a PS3 with me to Vanuatu one time to claim back the GST. There was no way I could have got everything on as carry-on luggage so I just carried the actual unit and checked the rest in. Customs were fine with that.
As a postscript to that story, it turns out that the GST refund wasnt the only bonus I got. Vanuatu is a seriously boring place at night especially for a single lad. The pubs all seemed to close early so I spent all week playing LA Noire!

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
Jumping for joy for South Australia's OIL...

Are we looking to be accused of making wepawns of mass destruction by :usa:?

:biggrin-new: