The stupid questions thread.

Hew

Likes Dirt
Yes. You can hire the large cylinders of gas. The added bonus is that if you enjoy partaking in 'nangs' you can go nuts and get a seemingly endless number of low cost headspins per day.
The best thing about this feature is you only have to buy it once because once you've finished the bottle you won't remember how to do them, or likely who you even are.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Yes. You can hire the large cylinders of gas. The added bonus is that if you enjoy partaking in 'nangs' you can go nuts and get a seemingly endless number of low cost headspins per day.
Ideal thread for this question......What's a "nang"?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
The best thing about this feature is you only have to buy it once because once you've finished the bottle you won't remember how to do them, or likely who you even are.
i get to be breathless and dizzy about three, four times a week four to six times a meet on average - every time i get to that finish line. no nitrous oxide required but oxygen might be, i'm not getting any younger!!!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
leave Miley alone. her low standards are appealing.
I will not have a bad word said against Miley!

Phillip Island development plan halted after Miley Cyrus's tweet
BY:JOHN FERGUSON From: The Australian September 23, 2011 12:00AM

EVERY government has a weakness, and Hollywood starlet Miley Cyrus just might be Ted Baillieu's.

Hours after the teenage star of TV's Hannah Montana tweeted in favour of protecting Victoria's Phillip Island against development, the Baillieu government blinked.

It buckled yesterday amid growing publicity and ended plans to develop a further 200 houses at the township of Ventnor, about 140km southeast of Melbourne.

Labor is convinced that the moment commercial TV jumped on the Cyrus story the game was up for the development.

Cyrus's boyfriend, Australian actor Liam Hemsworth, has a family home near Ventnor, until now a little-known township 15 minutes' drive from the island's de facto capital of Cowes.

Labor's planning spokesman Brian Tee introduced the world to Cyrus's interest in the debate on Wednesday and by yesterday morning it was game over for the opening up of land on the edge of Ventnor.

"It's a sad day for planning in Victoria when planning decisions are made after the intervention of a Hollywood starlet," he said.

Cyrus, with 2.4 million followers on Twitter, tweeted on Wednesday: "Phillip Island is such a magical place, it would be a shame to see it change."

Victoria's Planning Minister, Matthew Guy, said Cyrus had nothing to do with the decision.

"I don't even know who she is," he told The Australian.

Bass Coast Mayor Veronica Dowman puts the result down to the council and community campaigns.

"I honestly don't believe governments make decisions based on celebrities," she said. "But I do believe - and we are very grateful for her help - it gave the campaign an extra impetus that attracted the commercial press."

Mr Guy countered that the issue was not so much about the township, but the need to provide extra low-cost housing.

The Twittersphere, meanwhile, was emphatic: Cyrus 1, government 0

J

JaRedy

What was so dangerous about the 1800s that everybody from then is now dead?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Time passed a lot slower then, so people were exposed to it a lot more. That and the high number of drop bears.

rumblefish

Likes Dirt
What are the laws/rules regarding horses taking a dump in public areas? If you let your dog out of your yard and he has a cramp you are expected to pick it up.

scblack

Leucocholic
You'd go pop?

Is there a way to rig a Soda Stream with a bigger co2 cylinder I could put under the sink, so I don't have to pay 50c a litre with their name branded gas?
I keg my home brewed beer, and have a CO2 cylinder from BOC Gases, roughly 3 feet high.

Costs me approx. $40 per quarter. My regulator cost approx. $100-150 and hoses and bits and pieces say $50 at most.

That cylinder has lasted me 5 years now. I have a little adapter that can carbonate any standard bottle, such as a Pepsi or any softdrink bottle. So I can make a cordial fizzy for the kids.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I keg my home brewed beer, and have a CO2 cylinder from BOC Gases, roughly 3 feet high.

Costs me approx. $40 per quarter. My regulator cost approx. $100-150 and hoses and bits and pieces say $50 at most.

That cylinder has lasted me 5 years now. I have a little adapter that can carbonate any standard bottle, such as a Pepsi or any softdrink bottle. So I can make a cordial fizzy for the kids.
That's pretty damn cool. Where could I get some more info on that kind of set up? :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
H bottle rental is a killer but BOC's web site has all the info you need. I get my MIG gas at mates rates and the rental still hurts.