The stupid questions thread.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Pretty sure the Matchmaker setup centres around the clamp and the levers bolt on as required.
Does that mean you can remove the remote and the brake lever set up will still function? Or is the remote part of the clamp setup

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I mean, you don't even need to take the clamp off if you don't want to. But it's worth it to see how it all fits together, and to take the actual matchmaker mount out so you can lose it...I mean, put it away safely for when you need it again.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I mean, you don't even need to take the clamp off if you don't want to. But it's worth it to see how it all fits together, and to take the actual matchmaker mount out so you can lose it...I mean, put it away safely for when you need it again.
Cool. Thanks. I was just checking as I want to turn the reverb into cable operated and a mate offered me a 1X lever but it's a bar clamp not matchmaker. I don't need a whole cable kit now. Saves some coin.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Cool. Thanks. I was just checking as I want to turn the reverb into cable operated and a mate offered me a 1X lever but it's a bar clamp not matchmaker. I don't need a whole cable kit now. Saves some coin.
Do you convert a reverb to cable operation by throwing it away and buying a lev?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Laundry has been coming back extra linty lately. The machine is reasonably modern, all digital and stuff. But it doesn't seem to have an obvious lint catching component. Does anyone have any tips for less lint in the end result? Well other than not washing my clothes.
Just in case there are other people waiting on less lint on their gear as well...I've reduced the size of my loads and switched from auto water level to max water per load. The outcome has been noticable different, but I do feel I am slowly killing the planet and wasting 2-3 times more doing laundry.

Minlak

custom titis
Just in case there are other people waiting on less lint on their gear as well...I've reduced the size of my loads and switched from auto water level to max water per load. The outcome has been noticable different, but I do feel I am slowly killing the planet and wasting 2-3 times more doing laundry.
Are you using liquid or powder soap? And top or front loader?