The Track Thread

RAC_DH

Likes Dirt
Anywhere near Brisbane to try track for free or cheap

I ride a fixie but would be cool to give the velo a go !!!

rockymountain_ltd

Likes Dirt
Very sad that this thread seems unwanted and unloved.
went and watched the local club madison a couple of months ago and had a great time - more exciting and fun then people give credit IMO!. Since then I have ventured up to the velodrome a couple of times with mates from work just on our roadies and had a ball - the level of fitness required to punch out fast laps had us out of our depth - but wanting more!

Our track season doesn't start until august but we have tabled getting on board with this years season so my question to the masses is whats a good beginners track bike? Do I go new or 2nd hand? Can go up to $1K..............

great pics in the tread - still reading my my way through it all.............

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
For $1000 you'll be able to pick up a good entry level track bike. Fuji, Avanti, Felt have good offerings.

RB 24

Likes Dirt
Hey Sumgy

how do you find your Giant...tossing up between that and a Specialized Langster...

appreciate your help..

RB

dusty_nz

Likes Dirt
WA Velodrome

Myself and a bunch of mates are heading to the velodrome tonight.

A mix of roadies and MTBer's. Should be fun. Also cheap.

$15 for a few hours including the bike. Just bring the obvious and shoes and pedals.

Taking the contour so hopefully will get some good footage.

Also in the works is to build a road single speed. Thinking a SS TT bike, Either old track bike or road bike and make it as aero as possible.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Anyone here a member of Lidcombe Auburn Cycling Club? I'm keen to give track a go and I hear they have a good track scene. I don't have my own bike and only have SPD pedals and shoes, so would have to borrow something from the velodrome, but keen to give it a go.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Anyone here a member of Lidcombe Auburn Cycling Club? I'm keen to give track a go and I hear they have a good track scene. I don't have my own bike and only have SPD pedals and shoes, so would have to borrow something from the velodrome, but keen to give it a go.
Dulwich Hill cycle club / Tempe velodrome used to have a few loaner bikes on site for people wanting to give it a go (they did around 5 years ago......). Not that far from Strathfield area. Contact the club http://www.dhbc.org.au/

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Dulwich Hill cycle club / Tempe velodrome used to have a few loaner bikes on site for people wanting to give it a go (they did around 5 years ago......). Not that far from Strathfield area. Contact the club http://www.dhbc.org.au/
Thanks for the info Cave Dweller. Will contact the club next time they're got something on. Looks like I just missed a come and try day. Lidcombe would be closer for me, but the Tempe velodrome looks like a good outdoor banked track.

joemax

Likes Dirt
LACC train (Tuesdays) and race (Fridays) but only in the summer as it's an outdoor track. They have loan bikes but preference is given to juniors. My kids rode a couple of seasons there on loaner bikes. In winter Bankstown run training at Dunc Gray on Wednesday nights. I know the Dunc Gray has loan bikes but I don't know if they are available for these sessions.

There is also RAW track starting at Dunc Gray on Friday nights from 14 June but you need your own bike for that.