The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

floody

Wheel size expert
Wow, some action in here!

Foes looks great Donny!

Pace is rad Rone, what model frame is it? I like Pace frames and rigid forks but can't stand their meccano set suspension forks. Start haunting retrobike for bits.

No idea about the disc mount Donny, have you tried an avantiplus? There was a fair bit of stuff left over after avanti lost specialized, I got some hangers for my '96 M2 roadie etc so you never know.

donny70

Likes Dirt
Wow, some action in here!

Foes looks great Donny!

Pace is rad Rone, what model frame is it? I like Pace frames and rigid forks but can't stand their meccano set suspension forks. Start haunting retrobike for bits.

No idea about the disc mount Donny, have you tried an avantiplus? There was a fair bit of stuff left over after avanti lost specialized, I got some hangers for my '96 M2 roadie etc so you never know.
I was getting it for the foes but I think I might get a tab welded on @ gripsport. The next foes (LTS) I build will be period correct Floody. Have the correct brakes already which came from the weasel. Pauls and Gravity Racing. Now just have to find another control tech seat post :)

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I'd like to get it period correct, 'v' brakes, 1 inch steerer rigid fork etc. I've got some old RaceFace Turbines and as-new XT 8-speed hubs kicking about. The rest I will have to e-search for.

There's nothing locally - Floody has bought it all.
Let me know what you're after. I've given away most of my old parts but theses still a few odds and ends.

rone

Eats Squid
Rone - what "period" is the pace from?
1994 RC200 F2. Unfortunately upon inspection it appears to be cracked. Fucksocks. I've already got some 7 speed XT stuff, including NOS thumbies, and a NOS 1996 Rockshox Quadra 5 with an uncut 1" steerer. Rat turds.

Last edited:

rone

Eats Squid
well that sucks the big one. can it be fixed or will it become wall art?
Not sure, but gut says shed wall. Start looking for something else, I suppose. I do have a Turner DHR, Flux DW and Rail to finish.

I've just bought this, to take a trip down memory lane. Not that Rone would know anything about it... :spy:
As a Yorkshireman it's simply not exotic enough, lad.

moorey

call me Mia
Not sure, but gut says shed wall. Start looking for something else, I suppose. I do have a Turner DHR, Flux DW and Rail to finish.

As a Yorkshireman it's simply not exotic enough, lad.
Hey, I grew up in Pinpinio/Horsham....a giant is exotic...

floody

Wheel size expert
1994 RC200 F2. Unfortunately upon inspection it appears to be cracked. Fucksocks. I've already got some 7 speed XT stuff, including NOS thumbies, and a NOS 1996 Rockshox Quadra 5 with an uncut 1" steerer. Rat turds.
Well if you do decide it's too difficult I'm game! Where's it cracked, seat tube?

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
This old Malvern Star Mongrel is hanging up in the father in laws shed. It looks circa 80's. Very tempting to throw some fresh tyres on it!

heavyp

You heard it here first
Thinking of selling my baby would anyone be interested, I know that its not worth the $3000 I put into it but took me 14 months to get it to this stage and lots of messing around from people all over the world.

photo.jpg

Hank.

yes yes ya'll
AMP Research B4

Yesterday was the maiden voyage of my latest project, a 1995 AMP Research B4.
Couldn't get the AMP cable over hydraulic disc brakes to work to a standard that felt any good so I replaced them with bb7's and a more modern wheel set.
The thing is a rocket and would have been a weapon back in its day.

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 425